Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trl47807 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 09:00 AM
    What should I ask or expect of my Gynecologist for my special need
    In the last 26 months I have missed 11 periods. I had mild face hair. My doctor said I could possibly have PCOS and is sending me to a Gynecologist. I sometimes pass only tissue with no bleeding, have on occasions had sharp pain in uteran area followed by two or three spots of blood. What should I expect to be done at the Gyno office? Should I ask for certain tests? Someone told me they should do a songram on my uterus and ovaries along with a papsmear and that if I have PCOS I will probably be put on birth control. Sound right?
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 29, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Yes, that sounds right. If you just tell the GYN what you told us here, s/he will figure it out. Don't try to second-guess what you're going to hear. Just be as honest and complete in your description of your symptoms as you can be, and follow instructions to the letter.

I hope relief will be quick in coming!
    trl47807 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 11:17 AM
    I just got back from Gyno appointment. They didn't do any kind of papsmear or order any imaging. They want to give me progesterone to try and force me to have a period because its been almost 3 months since my last one.. just so they can start me on birth control after the period begins. This seems scary to me and not thorough. What do you think? Just roll with it or ask for imaging? Long family history of uteran, cervical and ovarian cancers , cysts, and fibroids... guess I should mention that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gynecologist help [ 2 Answers ]

Since December I have been getting my period 3 times a month and been spotting in between so I had been bleeding practically the whole month I also start bleeding after sexual intercourse and my period have been longer than 7 days the longest has been 13 days I really don't know what to do I am 17...

Special present for that special guy [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and everything is peachy, I want to get him something really amazing for either christmas or our 4 yrs annerversary. All I can come up with is a watch? I have about £350 to spend? Any ideas?

Gynecologist help , with virgin [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 15 . I never had sex or anything like that , but I have a lot of discharge it is white to clear.. & slimmy , it doesn't rreally have a smell to it , is this normal?

Gynecologist [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex March 23 and two days later I noticed a little spotting but it went away a few minutes later and reappeared the next day around that same time then had I sex again on that Friday. Leading up to Sunday I began experiecing what seemed to be light cramps but I ignored it and...

View more questions Search