Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chrisxabate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Blood pressure
    So I'm 28 years old and was told I have high blood pressure. The day I was seen it was 157/100. I can't see a doc for about a months. I have been keeping an eye on it and it seems to move around a lot. As high as 158/107 to as low as 144/93 In just a few min. Is it safe to wait the month or should I just go to er? Also if I go to the er and it's high can they give me med. It will I have to wait to see a doc on my own
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 29, 2012, 09:18 AM
    If there's no reason for waiting, then I would advise that you see the doctor as soon as possible. High BP is nothing to mess around with, and you are definitely in the pre-hypertensive to hypertensive range. I'm not sure that the ER is the place for you to go, however, as this isn't an emergency and they probably won't give you a prescription. Is there a way to get to see your regular doctor sooner than a month from now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Blood Pressure Goes Down? [ 4 Answers ]

Im only 15 years old. And every time I get scared, anxious, or nervous, I get dizzy and pale.. I feel light headed & week , And I see blurry. Well my blood pressure goes down.. Is There Any Way To Prevent This? :( Please Help!!

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

For past year have issues with blood pressure and heart rate. Just an example. Sometimes its really high, sometimes really low. Palpitations sometimes my heart rests at 100 or higher for days then all of a sudden my heart rate would sit below 60. My blood pressure 120/100 Sometimes get...

Blood pressure [ 5 Answers ]

Allo! One month ago, my blood pressure was 126/72, I was told this was a bit high because I'm a smoker. I've cut down over half my cigarette intake and this week my blood pressure was taken at 95/64. Is this normal? Oh and I'm 23yo

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

What is the ideal blood pressure ranage for male & females

View more questions Search