Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovebug31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Legal Issue
    Hello all I am a single mother of three going through a mutral divorce ( peaceful for everyone involed) my question is not on my divorce but has some play into it. I used to live in NC when me and my husband decided to divorce I moved to Mich. With all three kids to get the support I would need from my family . So right now I live with my mom and go to school during the 8 years I was married I didn't work so I have gone back to school in oder to get the skills I need for a job. Here lies my prob. My oldest son is 11 no part of this marriage or divorce I received custody Full Sole Legal custody Jan. 10th 1997 I have provided his father with reasonable PT Time at one point in my son's life his father cut him out for 3 years . Not having never meeting my dad I didn't want the same for my son . So once again I set up More PT Time and tried to get his dad to visit or at least call . Now that we have moved out of state I still make sure he has reasonable PT Time and I meet him half way to drop off my son and pick my son up . Now he wants custody of my son stating that I am unfit . My son has always been on the A/B honor roll at school has never been in any trouble at school are moved did not affect him at all we have all adjusted fine. My son expressed to his father that yes he does love him but he doesn't wish to live with him that he would prefer to stay with me and his brother and sister. He told my son it doesn't matter what he wants that he has a bad mother and he would be better off living with him. Ok now here we have it Yes I am going through a divorce Yes I have custody of all MY Kids Not Joint But Full Legal on all three . Yes I moved out of state . My husabnd agrees it is best the kids stay together and with me . My son's father on the other hand who now mind you has another child who NO he doesn't have custody of Nor does the mother the child lives with her grandparents . I understand that due to the fact I have only lived in Mich. Going on 5 months now that he can Leagly take me to court down there in NC . Guess my question is do I have a chance of losing my son due to the fact I don't work and am a student right now but I tend to all my kids needs food housing clothes education etc...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 04:02 PM
    No, you going back to school is not being unfit. But you will need an attorney to fight this in court, or they may try to make some motions and trick to force it.

Also at this age, he can tell the judge what he wants also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this legal? [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! My sister was served with a 24 eviction notice for "illegal substances". Her landlord was walking by her building and says he smelled it by her apartment( it was actually her neighbor). He taped a xerox copy of a 2004 notice and scribbled over the old date and penned in 07. The letter...

Was it legal? [ 2 Answers ]

We lived in an apartment and we told them that we were moving out because our work transferred us over 50 miles away. They told us that we didn't have to pay any fews or anything and we would get our deposit back. Then about 2 months later when we finally get the confirmation that we need to move I...

Is this legal? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for me to hack another one of my own computers?

Are we legal [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I live in england my girlfriend is 16 but I'm only 15 I have been wondering if it legal for us to have sex?;)

Is this legal ? [ 10 Answers ]

I currently accepted a job where I was under the impression I was to travel out of my surrounding area.During this last holiday break I received a phone call from the human resources that my itenerary would be in the mail.When I returned from my out of town holiday visit.I indeed received an...

View more questions Search