Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Where do I start in adopting my wife's son.

He is three and always played an active roll in his life since he was born his biological father has refused contact since he was six weeks old
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Hire an attorney, the attorney will fill out adoption paper work and paper work for the bio father to sign over his rights and permission from him for the adoption.

Then it is filed with the judge and that is about it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Petition the Family Court in your county of residence. The biological father will have to sign a consent form if he can be located. If not then you'll need to demonstrate to the court that you made every good faith effort to locate him but without success.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 year old stepson VERY disrespectful [ 7 Answers ]

I am a step-father to a 12 year old that is very disrespectful. This child has been head strong since day one when I entered there lives five years ago. The father had not been involved in her life until I came into the picture. This child goes to her father every other weekend and two times a...

Who has the right to claim my stepson [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has a divorce decree stating very clearly that he has the right to claim his oldest son as long as his child support is current. Well I tried to file on-line at H&R Block yesterday, and it rejected my claim stating he was already claimed. Can someone help me please. The program said...

Adopting a stepson [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering how to approch the adoption of my son gregory. My husband now has been in Gregs life since He was 2. My son now will be 12 feb. 21st. Which is old enough to know what he wants. See his biological father has not been in the picture for awhile. He was in and out a few times. But it has...

How to go about adopting... [ 3 Answers ]

Where do you begin to adopt a child? What is the best route? My life partner & I want a baby to love. We are not legally "partners"/ or married as of yet. Should I go about this as single before we legalize? I don't know legally how we can go about this, what the laws are in Fla. In a...

Looking into adopting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my soon to be husband and I have been looking into adopting a child/newborn with down syndrome has anyone done this or have a child with downs we are just starting to look into this we would like to adopt after we get married! We both have a lot of expereince working with children youth etc with...

View more questions Search