Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klausoff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
    Idler pulley tension spring
    Craftsman 48" mower deck idler pulley tension spring part number. Model # of tractor is 917.273241
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
    Hi,
    This machine seems to have two springs, One is #179479 and the other is #174371. I will attach a deck graphic. A note is that often these units seize at the pivot.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 08:03 PM
    I agree with Clarke, seize frequently. The spring may not be the issue but a rusted pivot. Here is the link so you can zoom in for a better peak but get your WD40 ready http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...dMod=917273241

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dryer doesn't have an idler pulley! It has some sort of clip with a groove. Is the [ 4 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool model # LER5636KT1 dryer. I started to replace the dryer belt (it's broken) and there is no pulley, just a clip thing with a groove in it. Is that the pulley arm? Should there be a wheel there or does the belt just ride that groove?

Green Thumb rototiller loose idler pulley assembly [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm no longer able to use my rototiller because of a worn/loose belt. I'm fairly certain the reason the belt is so worn is because the idler pulley assembly is very loose and the belt is tracking left/right constantly and rubbing against the metal of the rototiller. After looking...

Idler pulley bolt size for 1995 ford explorer [ 3 Answers ]

IDLER PULLEY BOLT SIZE for a 1995 ford explorer 4wd truck

View more questions Search