Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pia1118 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 06:45 AM
    My Chihuahua is not eating, he got his rabies shot two days ago
    He got his rabies shot two days ago just wondering if this has caused him to loose his appetite or if I need to take him in to get checked, because he also has diarrhea
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 28, 2012, 07:36 AM
    I'm always leery of making causal connections that might not actually exist. My dogs had rabies shots every year their entire lives and never lost their appetites or got diarrhea. Same with my cats and horses. This sounds like a quick trip to the vet would be a good idea just to rule out infections and other problems.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 06:40 AM
    I agree, reactions to rabies shots are pretty rare, all though not entirely uncommon. I agree, a trip to the vet is in order. Was he also vaccinated for Parvo?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rabies shot. This has me worried [ 11 Answers ]

Ryu got his rabies shot over a week ago now. And I just noticed he has a BIG HARD lump on his hip where he got the shot. Its like huge enough that it stands out noticeably.. is that normal.. I can't afford going to the vet right now but should I call them

My pitbull stopped eating 2 DAYS AGO, WHAT DO I DO? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old female pitbull. I just noticed that yesterday morning, when I put the dog outside on her lead, that her food, from the previous day is still there. She is drinking a lot of water. She will not even eat people food! What do I do. We are taking her to the vet, but what can I...

Miniature chihuahua not eating for 2 days [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I have an 18month old long hair miniature chihuahua and I'm wondering what's going on with him. Ever since thanksgiving he has not eaten any of his regular food or treats to the best of my knowledge. He has drank a small amt of water but when I give him his treats or put out dry food he...

Rabies shot [ 7 Answers ]

Where we live there has never been a documented case of rabies. Because of this there aren't many dogs who are vaccinated. We never got my dog vaccinated because he's tied all the time, except for when we go to our camp he runs free. It does cost quite a bit to vaccinate him because you have to...

Rabies shot reaction [ 2 Answers ]

My 12 lb Jack Russell became extremley lethargic and anxious for 2 days following a rabies booster,distemper booster, and kennel cough vacine(nasal). Would it be better to have these vacines on separate visits? Which one would most likely cause this reaction?

View more questions Search