Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Baby_caribou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 09:16 PM
    Bleached hair, dyed light brown. How do I get back to blonde?
    I bleached my hair about 2 months ago and decided to dye it a light brown color thinking that it would turn the bleach to just a darker blonde. Turns out my hair is a gray-ish green color. I just used a box color so there was no filler or toner used and my hair is already very damaged. Is there any advice of how to get back to blonde or at least get rid of this gray color I have now? The color I want to achieve is a dark (dirty) blonde. Please help!
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 28, 2012, 07:43 AM
    I hate when that happens! LOL I'm going to suggest what I did when that happened to me. I conditioned the heck out of my hair--conditioning mask overnight with a plastic bag on my head followed by a wash and re-conditioning the next day with regular conditioner--then let it rest for a day or two to get a little dirty (my stylist recommended not making it squeaky clean as that would create the opportunity for more damage). After that I used a box color a shade lighter than I wanted to go in an ammonia-free brand.

Of course the very best option would be to let a professional handle the whole thing. But we do-it-ourself-ers tend to resist admitting defeat.
    Baby_caribou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Exactly I always refuse to pay salon prices! I will definitely take your advice for the damage conrtol. I purchased a few conditioning packets so I will let those sit for a while! Thanks for the great advice :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had light blonde hair, dyed it medium blonde, it turned out very dark brown. WTD? [ 1 Answers ]

I have medium blonde hair naturally. It was light blonde, and my roots were grown out pretty bad, and I bought Wella 711N which is medium blonde, and I used a 10 volume developer. I left it on for 20 minutes, and it turned out pretty dark. I have been washing it with joy dish soap. I read that I...

Bleached hair, dyed blonde, want to go back light brown, help! [ 1 Answers ]

For the last 5 years I've been colouring my hair blonde. November I dyed it light brown which really suited me. Today, missing the blonde locks, I bleached it on a whim and dyed it lightest ash blonde... It is now an odd orange colour and want to recolour it brown. Will my hair turn a strange shade...

Bleached blonde back to light brown [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 54 and I bleached my hair and now would like to go back to light brown, How can I do this myself?

View more questions Search