Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amicha12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 08:52 PM
    My girlfriend is pregnant after being date raped... what do I do?
    I've been dating my girlfriend since this past summer. Roughly four weeks ago, she went out with some old friends. That night, my girlfriend was drugged and raped. She is very comfortable discussing what she can remember with me. She understands that I am there for her no matter what and will love her always. Recently, she took a pregnancy test after suffering from some early symptoms. The result was positive.

I am only 20 years old and I don't feel that I am ready to be a father. Ive always wanted to wait for the right time. However, I am deeply in love with her. She means the world to me and I'd be a fool to let her slip away.

Aside from my concern with fatherhood, my mother isn't the biggest fan of my girlfriend. My girlfriend and I have been through rough patches before we started dating. To sum that up, we both were fighting for one another's attention without just coming out and telling each other how we felt. Nonetheless, those issues were resolved quite some time ago but my mother doesn't seem to let them go.
    I love her more than anything in the world, but I am scared of where certain choices will take me. Any suggestions or comments are deeply appreciated. Thank you
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
    She was raped? Did anyone report this?
    amicha12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 09:02 PM
    Yes. The report is currently under investigation. Unfortunately, nothing so far.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
    First of all, I feel you should file a complain against the person who date raped her. It's nice to see that you want to be by her side.

I can understand that your mom doesn't approve of your relationship, and you are not yet ready for fatherhood. But you will have to stand strong and support her. There are still 9months before you actually become a father. And in case both of you are unable to raise the child, he/she can always be given up for abortion.

Just be with her and support her.
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Mar 27, 2012, 09:33 PM
    If she is willing and you are willing to have an abortion and it doesn't interfere with your beliefs, then that would be a possible option... im not too familiar with situations like this...
    Picaso714 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2012, 09:40 PM
    You are to young. Continue dating her because you love her but do not take the role of a parent. Otherwise your going to have problems with her and your parents.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 09:44 PM
    You support her no matter how she decides to handle things. That doesn't mean you have to get married, or be a father. You are a loving boyfriend of a female that has a child. If she decides to keep it. Her call, not yours. Love and support. The rest is one day at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend was Raped [ 8 Answers ]

Let me put this in perspective for you. Since about the age of 5, a guy had claimed her as his. They grew up in an off again on again relationship, and eventually ended up having sex. When he left for another state, she began seeing another guy. He returned, beat the living crap out of her, then...

My girlfriend was raped [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend was raped a couple of nights ago. I am 30 she is 40. Things have been turned upside down. I love her with ever bit of my soul. But I feel like I am too emotional. I am crying more than she is. She tried to leave me, telling me I should find someone better. I will never leave her. I...

My girlfriend was raped [ 7 Answers ]

Ive been with my girlfriend for about 6 months, I'm 17, she's 16. She was rapped by a kid when she was 15, and she won't tell me who it is, she is always crying about it, she blames herself, even though I tell her its not her fault, she keeps calling her self a whore. She has had a very rough life....

Date Raped girlfriend Keeps in touch with Exes and old hookups. Confused. [ 28 Answers ]

This question is a bit convoluted, but Im confused and really glad to have found this site. I need objective, frank answers about a few issues Im having. All feedback is really appreciated. Background: We are both in our mid/late 20s. We love each other. Dating for over 1 year, have discussed...

View more questions Search