Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kodasmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Why does my dog keep peeing in the house?
    I have a 6 month boxer/coon hound female. She pee's outside, follows the command to "go potty" and the like. She is fixed and has had her shots. She never really stopped peeing in the house. Recently she has peed on my boyfriends leg, on our bed as well as on the carpet. Today I was playing with her, throwing her ball and she peed right next to me. Why does she do this, and what do I need to do to stop this behavior?
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 28, 2012, 07:27 AM
    This really sounds like a veterinary problem, not behavioral. Her urination seems to be beyond her control. I recommend you take her to the vet. Since she's been neutered and has had all her shots, it's unlikely that she's marking territory (females don't often do this anyway), and she probably doesn't have a disease, but she might have issues with her bladder or urinary tract that can be remedied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House trained dog with doggy doors is peeing in house when we are home [ 3 Answers ]

My one year old dog that is house trained is all of a sudden peeing on the floor. She has doggy doors to get outside whenever she wants. She had not done this in over 8 months and seems to do it every day for the last week now. Someone is home with her almost always. What could be causing this?

Dog died and other dog is peeing and pooping inside house now [ 6 Answers ]

We currently lost one of our dogs quite sudden, she was a 11 year sheppard/lab. We also have a yorki/pom/poo who is only 2 1/2 years old. Since our old dog died, our other dog has reverted back to peeing and pooping in the house. When our other dog was alive they went outside together and this...

House-trained dog is peeing in the house. [ 3 Answers ]

She is an altered adult jack russel who has lived with me for four years now. She is one of four dogs. She's not sick although if she doesn't cut it out, I may kill her (joking). Nothing has changed in the house and this has been going on for months now. She urinates in my bedroom and when I...

House-trained dog is peeing in the house. [ 0 Answers ]

She is an altered adult jack russel who has lived with me for four years now. She is one of four dogs. She's not sick although if she doesn't cut it out, I may kill her (joking). Nothing has changed in the house and this has been going on for months now. She urinates in my bedroom and when I...

House trained dog all of sudden starts constantly peeing in house! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a chocolate labe mix. She was a stray when we first found her. She was completely housetrained when we first brought her home and then she had puppies almost 2 months after we found her. Ever since she had the puppies she`s been peeing in the house constantly. She also has been drinking...

View more questions Search