Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    All should be rendered sterile until five years after marriage vows are taken.
    LOL! I wouldn't go that far. I got married at 24, got pregnant (planned) at 27. I turned 28 ten days after my son was born. We both had careers, made good money, a home, two cars, a dog, parents that were willing to babysit, and free healthcare! You name it. We were ready.

But, even at 27, almost 28, it was hard. I quit working to be a full time mom. My loss of income took a toll. Then both my parents died before my son was 3.

I was double the age the OP is, and the child that posted after her, and I was prepared to have a child, financially, physically, mentally, emotionally, you name it. But it was hard. I also have a husband, and had support. These children have no clue, and why would they, they're still children, they shouldn't be responsible for a child. There's no way they can be. It's not possible, at least not if they're responsible enough to do it on their own.

In other words, to all the teenagers that post here saying that you're prepared to have a baby. Bull. You're prepared to have us pay for you to have a baby. You're prepared to live with your parents while they raise your baby. So don't lie. You're not prepared! We are, and frankly, we're sick of paying for you to play house. At least I am.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 16, 2012, 03:35 AM
    I've let this go on a bit, but let's cut LisaDee some slack here. I don't think she was saying its OK for 14 yr olds to get pregnant. I think she was warning that it is not an easy task. All she was saying is that some 14 yr olds do understand the difficulties of that task.

Yes, the likelihood is that a pregnant 14 yr old will be a burden on society or, at the very least their parents. But the fact is that some, albeit a small percentage, will become good parents and raise good children.
    qetuop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 09:52 AM
    Guys no-one is talking about the true subject, yes she underage but she knows that and she is trying to make it better by moving somewhere where she can be supported.
    I think the best thing to do is get your boyfriends mum to talk to your parents and make them understand that it will be OK xx Sorry if this doesn't work xx
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by qetuop View Post
    Guys no-one is talking about the true subject, yes she underage but she knows that and she is trying to make it better by moving somewhere where she can be supported.
    I think the best thing to do is get your boyfriends mum to talk to your parents and make them understand that it will be ok xx Sorry if this doesnt work xx

And make them understand? The parents are legally responsible for her. How are the boyfriend's parents going to talk them into anything? How will it be okay?

"Sorry if this doesn't work?"

No one is avoiding the true subject. The subject is that she is 14 years old, ill equipped to raise a baby. Agreed, she's pregnant. Unfortunately, she's also 14 and not emancipated.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 19, 2012, 10:12 AM
    LisaDee, what exactly is the virtue in 'creating a new life?' The human race is going to go extinct sooner or later because of all the new life we keep adding to the planet that can't provide (in natural resources as well as human financial support) for the increasing numbers. Now you face 18 years of wondering where your next dollar is coming from, and the days of easy reliance on the taxpayer are over. Welfare, public housing, food, all that will still be here but will be tougher and tougher to get.
    youscous Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
    That is disgusting and ridiculous. A fourteen year old having a child? Your parents should enforce more disciplinary action on you. I am seriously shocked, and I kind of fell sick to the stomach thinking about you. Good luck during child birth, if you're not too busy crying out in pain.

I'm fifteen and I KNOW that you are an example of what our future generations should not become.

How could you ever lay in bed with a BOY who is only going to ditch you for the "other fish in the sea". No matter how beautiful you are, it won't change the fact that after you give birth and you are nothing but flab, you're "beloved" boyfriend could be cheating on you while you're resting or feeding the baby.

You shouldn't leave your parents being as already are in the parents position. If they want you to have an abortion its because you're an effin CHILD having a child, which is scary. You're going to make them young grandparents. They probably aren't ready yet.

Your boyfriends mom might not mind having you around, and her husband might not mind having you in his bed either. Being around a man who knows that you're a sl*t and extremely stupid is also a stupid thing to do. You'll be pregnant again before you know it.

Yes, my opinions are harsh, but I was raised differently. I was raised with morals, principles, rules, guidelines, discipline, and parents who know how to raise children.

For the sake of our generation, don't be a stupid-a** sl*t.

Jul 23, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by youscous View Post
    How could you ever lay in bed with a BOY who is only going to ditch you for the "other fish in the sea". No matter how beautiful you are, it won't change the fact that after you give birth and you are nothing but flab, you're "beloved" boyfriend could be cheating on you while you're resting or feeding the baby.
    While I agree with a lot of your ranting, I had to comment on this. You don't know that it's a "fact" that her boyfriend will leave. Some boys are made of sterner stuff and will take responsibility for their actions.

Some will even wind up marrying. Of course some of those will get divorced at a young age because they realize they weren't in love.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Good luck during child birth, if you're not too busy crying out in pain.

Your boyfriends mom might not mind having you around, and her husband might not mind having you in his bed either. Being around a man who knows that you're a sl*t and extremely stupid is also a stupid thing to do. You'll be pregnant again before you know it.

Yes, my opinions are harsh, but I was raised differently. I was raised with morals, principles, rules, guidelines, discipline, and parents who know how to raise children.

For the sake of our generation, don't be a stupid-a** sl*t.

You have a very interesting mouth for a person raised with "morals, principles, rules, guidelines, discriplines and parents who know how to raise children."

And now for your theories on how things work -

"Crying out in pain?" We are no longer in the dark ages.

"After you give birth and you are nothing but flab -" What?

"you're "beloved" boyfriend could be cheating on you while you're resting or feeding the baby."

Don't assume everyone who has a child gets cheated on. It's unfair to the boys/men of the world.

This part isn't harsh. This part is offensive: "Your boyfriends mom might not mind having you around, and her husband might not mind having you in his bed either. Being around a man who knows that you're a sl*t and extremely stupid is also a stupid thing to do. You'll be pregnant again before you know it." She's an "effin" child?

You kiss your mother hello and good-bye and feed yourself with that mouth?

Please - again you are painting all men with the same brush.

I think you're out of line.

I think your parents are trying to scare you straight.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 03:10 PM
    Somewhere in here I feel like saying something like "those without sin, throw the first stone"

Or "love they neighbor as God has loved you"

But I will end with, lets not get off the OP and side tracked, use the report feature to report improper posts, and everyone has a right to post their answer even if they are not what we may agree with, as long as it does not break site rules.

Thus saidith the Moderator, chapter 1 verse 1.

Jul 23, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Tiger Woods.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Somewhere in here I feel like saying something like "those without sin, throw the first stone"

Or "love they neighbor as God has loved you"

But I will end with, lets not get off the OP and side tracked, use the report feature to report improper posts, and everyone has a right to post their answer even if they are not what we may agree with, as long as it does not break site rules.

Thus saidith the Moderator, chapter 1 verse 1.

But sometimes something it is reported-ith and no one do-ith anything.

Jul 23, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You have a very interesting mouth for a person raised with "morals, principles, rules, guidelines, discriplines and parents who know how to raise children."

And now for your theories on how things work -

"Crying out in pain?" We are no longer in the dark ages.

"After you give birth and you are nothing but flab -" What?

"you're "beloved" boyfriend could be cheating on you while you're resting or feeding the baby."

Don't assume everyone who has a child gets cheated on. It's unfair to the boys/men of the world.

This part isn't harsh. This part is offensive: "Your boyfriends mom might not mind having you around, and her husband might not mind having you in his bed either. Being around a man who knows that you're a sl*t and extremely stupid is also a stupid thing to do. You'll be pregnant again before you know it."

Please - again you are painting all men with the same brush.

I think you're out of line.

I think your parents are trying to scare you straight.
    The part about me having an interesting mouth is... interesting. I thought about it for a moment. Since you don't know me, I'll help you out on this one. Usually, normally, I do not swear. I'm against it. But this post brought up strong, VERY strong emotions in me. As you saw. I am not making excuses. My parents know that when I'm extremely angry I tend to slip words that shouldn't be slipped. I know that too, and just because I haven't perfected that part of me, doesn't mean I don't try. In short I'm not supposed to swear, my parents don't allow me to swear, and believe it or not, I try not to swear. I look back at my comment and see that I need to edit it.

Jul 23, 2012, 03:41 PM
    the part about me having an interesting mouth is... interesting. i thought about it for a moment. since you don't know me, i'll help you out on this one. usually, normally, i do not swear. i'm against it. but this post brought up strong, VERY strong emotions in me. as you saw. i am not making excuses. my parents know that when i'm extremely angry i tend to slip words that shouldn't be slipped. i know that too, and just because i haven't perfected that part of me, doesn't mean i don't try. in short i'm not supposed to swear, my parents don't allow me to swear, and believe it or not, i try not to swear. i look back at my comment and see that i need to edit it.
    And please do not say that I am out of line. I'm not.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 03:56 PM
    the part about me having an interesting mouth is... interesting. i thought about it for a moment. since you don't know me, i'll help you out on this one. usually, normally, i do not swear. i'm against it. but this post brought up strong, VERY strong emotions in me. as you saw. i am not making excuses. my parents know that when i'm extremely angry i tend to slip words that shouldn't be slipped. i know that too, and just because i haven't perfected that part of me, doesn't mean i don't try. in short i'm not supposed to swear, my parents don't allow me to swear, and believe it or not, i try not to swear. i look back at my comment and see that i need to edit it.

Don't bother helping me out - I don't really care.

So you try not to swear but comments by a stranger on an anonymous board cause you to swear?
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 03:58 PM
    and please do not say that i am out of line. i'm not.

An accusation that the father of the father (who actually is the grandfather of the child) will have sex with the mother is totally out of line. The average man has morals, believe it or not, and doesn't jump on anything that moves.

Your parents really need to try harder, starting with women being flabby after they have a child.

Did they raise you to post on adult sites?
    msdebdardx4 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jul 23, 2012, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    So we all work our butts off while they continue their education, other people look after their children, they get free medical which the taxpayers pay for? Ya, that seems fair (sarcasm). :(

No wonder so many teens are getting pregnant, it's a free ride in a fancy car that someone else is paying for. Makes me mad. If we want to end teen pregnancy then don't give them anything. Make them work for it, like the rest of us do. Make them live in cardboard boxes on the streets if they can't afford a home, make them dig through trash cans for moldy food if they can't afford to put food on the table, make them wear the same clothes week after week. Maybe then they'll finally realize that being a 14 year old mother isn't as much fun as they think it will be when society finally says they've had enough and will no longer give that support.

A new life my arse! That new life is doomed to become just like the mom! :(
    This is the longest thread I have seen so far on any topic. So much has been said but I must add my two cents. I know that having sex at such a young age is wrong. In fact, as the mother of two teenagers, I am appalled by the prospect of a child losing his or her virginity at fourteen. I do not think a young teen is ready for the responsibility of sex or childbearing/rearing. That being said, I think our society sets these children up to make bad decisions about sex. The songs, movies, TV shows, entertainers, even advertisements are constantly sending messages that it is okay even expected that people should have sex out of wedlock. Our children are told that sex is the ultimate experience. Our children hear these messages everyday. They see examples of it everyday. Soon these messages become internalized in their psyches, and they act out on what they are constantly being told. Parents don't help because they are constantly working to put a roof over their childrens' heads, or just not actively involved in their childrens' lives. Many parents do not even talk to their children about sex because of their own lack of knowledge or comfort with the topic. There are many other factors affecting the sexual choices that our young people are making. But given he fact that society has set up these dynamics that contribute to our children making poor choices about sex, should we just abandon them and their offspring? I don't think we should just allow them to eat out of trashcans, and quit school. I think that we should be looking toward helping these young people to become more self-sufficient so that they can support their children. We can either support them and help them become self-sufficient productive citizens or we can support them and their children in prisons. Also keep in mind that it seems this girl does not have a good supportive homelife - it seems she has been raising herself (another factor that contributes to teen pregnancy). I could say more, but I would like to end with this: I hope the OP is not forced to have an abortion. If the paternal grandparents are willing to help, I hope they are allowed to help. One more thing, I hate to think of the prospect of this young man going to jail. That does not seem like the right thing to do. They both made a bad decision to have sex. He is not some adult who took advantage of a child. I hope for the best for her, the young man, and Mason.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Tiger Woods.

Just when I think a thread can't get any more stupid -

Oh, and for the record it's Tiger Wood who, as far as I can tell didn't get pregnant at 14, didn't get anyone pregnant at 14 and didn't have sex with a 14-year old who has a child.

So your point is - ?

Jul 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
    What about Tiger Woods? Because one man was weak you automatically assumes all men are? Judy was more right than me here. Upon reviewing your response I think you were out of line. If you didn't refer to parents (plural), I might guess you were raised by a single mother who was mistreated by a man. Or maybe you had a bad experience. You lack of compassion towards the OP who may have made mistakes, but was trying to deal with them, is telling. I have to wonder why this situation stirred you so much.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 06:00 PM
    and please do not say that i am out of line. i'm not.

Read the language you used. Read the language the adults on this thread used.

See the difference - ?

Jul 23, 2012, 09:53 PM
    Oh my god. The girls' story upset me because premarital sex is wrong. The fact that she didn't use protection bugs me even more. Whatever, you think its okay and that she should move in with her boyfriends parents, and I think that what she did was wrong. Shall we proceed to forgetting each other? Thank you and nice meeting you. I'm sorry to hear about your husband. May he rest in peace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old do I have to be to move out of my parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I'd like to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents house, I am only 15, and I think that I could have my life together better if they weren't around all the time, I have thought this through, I can cook and clean, I'm not wanting to right away, not until I get a job and a car and I...

30 yr old who wants to move out and afraid to tell her parents [ 20 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 30 yr old adult who feels like a child. My parents are European and Catholic and I still live at home. That itself should explain it all. My life has been kind of a roller coaster. I have been engaged twice but couldn't go through with it. I am now the happiest I have ever been with...

How old can you be to move out of your parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I just want to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents cause they are all ways blaming me for stuff I don't do I am only 14 and I just want to know what you have to do to move out of my parents house so please help me thank you.

How do you move out(from parents)When you're already old? [ 4 Answers ]

I've heard how people move out in their 20's, sometimes at 18, but I'm in my 30's now. How do I start moving out when they get angry if I say I want to move out and my father is still violent and will start throwing stuff if I tell him any of my ideas.

What if parents won't let you move out at 18? [ 13 Answers ]

I am going to be 18 in August. And me and my boyfriend want to get a place together.. but we are afraid that my parents won't let me go. What can I do. can I leave even if they won't let. and can I leave even if I'm still in high school?

View more questions Search