Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allen1948 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 06:56 AM
    Problem with LP Pool/Spa Heater
    I have a Jandy Lite 2 Model LG LP gas heater (millivolt) that heats my spa. Problem began when I noticed that the heater would not fire when the spa side control was calling for heat. The low speed pump would start as usual but the heater would not fire. The pilot light, on/off switch, etc. Were on. A technician attempted several "jumps" and also used his meter to check voltage, etc. He could not nail the problem but concluded that it was probably a bad gas valve. This is the second of these heaters that I've had in the past 15 years, and I have done a lot of parts replacement myself so I proceeded to replace the gas valve. This did not correct the problem. I began to do some of my own "testing" (I'm not millivolt literate), and discovered that I could make the heater perform properly if I removed the yellow wire (PP ) from the gas valve. This wire connects the gas valve to the terminal block (see attachment). According to a contact at Zodiac Pools, this yellow wire (PP ) is my "common." Reconnection of the wire to the gas valve during heating does not cause the heater to shut off. However, if I shut the heater off myself and attempt to restart with the wire attached, it will not fire. Does anyone have an idea as to why the unit performs properly when the "common" is removed and what greater problem this points to? Many thanks!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Lite2 Millivolt Heater Electrical Diagram.PDF (597.3 KB, 173 views)

Check out some similar questions!

Does Aerating raise the PH of pool and SPa ? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sophisticated Technicians , I have read an article about different ways of raising ph in pool ,which aerating was one of them .would you please help me to know more about it ? Thanks for any response , Yours Faithfully, Roohollah

Cal spa heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1999 cal spa just got it and got it up and running tonight. The pump runs fine but the only time the heater light is on is when the pump is running is that normal?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.