Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asheppard13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 04:50 PM
    What is the mass of rust, Fe2O3, that contains 10.0g of iron?
    What is the mass of rust, Fe2O3, that contains 10.0g of iron?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 08:44 AM
    Method 1: Figure out how many moles of Fe atoms weigh 10g. The number of moles of rust that contains that number of Fe atoms is that number divided by 2 (because there are 2 Fe atoms per molecule). Then multiply by the weight per mole of rust to get the weight of rust that has 10g of Fe.

Another method, a bit less tedious: Figure out what percent of a rust molecule is iron by weight. Then divide that into 10g to get the weight of rust required to have 10g of Fe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate the mass of 2.50 mL of iron. (density of iron is 7.35 g/mL) [ 1 Answers ]

Calculate the mass of 2.50 mL of iron. (density of iron is 7.35 g/mL)

Rust finish on iron furniture [ 7 Answers ]

Dear sir, How can I get rust finish on iron furniture?

Mass of iron in iron tablets redox titrations [ 1 Answers ]

what is the equation for the rection between potassium permanganate and iron oxide in the redox titration to decipher percentage by mass of iron in iron tablets and how do I get the answer from my titration ressults? Cheers

Cast iron pipe rust [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My home was built in the early 70's and the sewer drains are 4" cast iron pipe. We have never had a backup of any type with our sewer system. At this time I am having a bathroom installed in the basement (shower, toilet, vanity) using PVC pipe. I was lucky enough that all that was needed to...

Hot water smells of iron or rust [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I wash my hands in hot water or rinse my face, or even shower, the hot water smells of rust or iron. What does this mean?

View more questions Search