Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 11:14 AM
    My mom is engaged to a deadbeat!
    My mother has told me she is engaged! She has been living with this man for almost a year, completely against her morals. The thing is he is less than half her age and now jobless! He moved in with her and she pays most of the bills. I think he is nice and she does seem happy at times then other times she is crying and upset. The rest of my family does not like him at all, he is controlling of her time and has argued with her in front of them. He is clearly not suitable for her but she is headstrong and I think determined not to go back to a single life. She was divorced from my father 15 years ago and this is her FIRST relationship since then! How can I convince her not to do this?:eek:
    jdselby1024 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2007, 02:24 PM
    I would need a bit more background on this situation to properly advise you in which direction to turn. Like how long have they been together? Is their time spent fighting, do they do anything outside of the house like go places stuff like that ,(dates). How is he when it comes to treating you, are you ignored, or disregarded like something that your mom drags along, or does he accept you and treat you like one of his own /or a friend?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 02:30 PM
    I guess how old are you, are you living at home,

And you are not going to convince her of anything, she has lived with him for a year, so she knows exactly how he is, and seems to be OK with it,

I would say that it really is not your choice, but your moms,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

Working Mom vs. Deadbeat Dad [ 7 Answers ]

I am a working mom, attending school fulltime and custodial parent of 4 daughters. I receive less than half the state minimum child support from father whose income is solely what he makes selling fodder at local flea markets. We are currently scheduled to return to court to amend the settlement...

Dad is a deadbeat [ 7 Answers ]

I just had a question for anyone that might know... I had a child almost eight years ago, with a man that is pretty worthless. He has Never been a part of his life, every 2 years we get a phone call or possilbe visit. I truly believe this to be effecting my son in a very negative. Way. Did I...

Engaged then not? [ 2 Answers ]

I met david at the end of my freshamn year of college. He was enlisted in the navy and was supposed to leave April 11. He then asked for another date (later) to leave so he could spend time with me. His new date was July 11th. We fell in love and went and looked at rings and talked about when we ...

Help my brother is a deadbeat [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, This is my first post, but I have been lurking for a bit. It seems like you guys give pretty good advice and I could really use some. This is going to be long, I apologize in advance. Mom history: I think my mom is an enabler or a co-dependent, I'm not sure which. I think it...

View more questions Search