Ask
    purple111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
    English to sanskrit translation please
    Compassion, integrity, faith, love, hope

Thank you
    SOMATHILAKA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 11:23 PM
    Gautam Buddha was one of the greatest religious teachers of the world. He gave the message of truth, peace, humanity and equality. His teachings and sayings became the basis of Buddhism, one of world's leading religions which are followed in some countries like Japan, China, and Burma etc.

He is believed to have been born in Lumbini forests in Nepalese Terai in the sixth century B.C. Before he became the Buddha (the Enlightened), he was called Siddharth. His father's name was Suddhodana, who was the ruler of Kapilvastu. His mother's name was Maya Devi, who died soon after Siddharth's birth.

Siddharth was a child with a contemplative bent of mind. He was inclined towards meditation and spiritual pursuits much against the wishes of his father. His father feared that Siddharth might leave home, and so, kept tried to insulate him from the harsh realities of the world outside by keeping him inside the palace all the time.

He even arranged his marriage with a beautiful princess Yashodhara when he was 18. They had a son named Rahul. But all these could not change the mind of young Siddharth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit to English Translation [ 34 Answers ]

Does anyone know the English translation for: मम रक्षांसि प्रणाशय मम देवदूताः म्रियंते चापि I want to get this as a tattoo so I want to make sure it reads correctly. Any input would be very helpful. Thank you! :)

English to sanskrit translation? Please help! [ 0 Answers ]

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight If someone could translate this into sanskrit... that would be greatly appreciated :)

English to Sanskrit translation [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have the written sanskrit for the word "kalyan"?

English to Sanskrit translation [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please translate "ray of light" to Sanskrit? In English it's pronounced as Kiran'a. Appreciate your time!

English to Sanskrit Translation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the translation from English to Sanskrit for the quote "Kill off all my demons and my angels might die too." Also, if you know the phonetic pronunciation it would be very helpful. Thank you!!

View more questions Search