Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlovelace8645 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Divorce
    I live in Georgia, my ex-wife last known state was Detroit, MI. I want to put a ad in the paper to try to find her. How long am I suppose to run this ad?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 09:46 AM
    Does not work like that. The news paper posting is legal notification after you have made other attempts to find her. Contact mother, brother, sister, aunts ? Sent letters to last known address.

The court will have specific requirements. Next the court will have exact rules on the add you have to post and even what newspapers it has to be posted in.

Since you have no knowledge of any of this, I would advise you to hire an attorney at this point, if for nothing else but to draw up the paper work and help with the filing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife filed for divorce, I didn't want a divorce, I still loved her, I asked why? [ 5 Answers ]

I didn't want a divorce because I didn't want to be away from my family , and I still loved my wife, I pleaded with her to not do this and asked her why , she told me the reason was cause of " how I used to treat her " , I wasn't a saint when we first got married , but I wasn't that bad . I never...

How I can stop the divorce if my husband ask her divorce in tunisia and I live in you.k [ 1 Answers ]

I'm tunisian women I get married with a man who have both nationalite tunisian and british we live together in u.k I left my house because violence domestic and I live in refuge the silicitor put my report to home office for have leaving remain in u.k in this time my husband go in tunisia and...

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

View more questions Search