Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 25, 2012, 10:46 PM
    How to wear hot pants without looking trashy?
    Okay, so I was out on a shopping spree and bought a pair of black denim tight fitting hot pants.

Now I have no clue what to pair them with, where to wear them. And most importantly how to not look too trashy in them.

I am 24, I have a 28" waist, my pretty slim, got long legs. But these hot pants are tight fitting, kind of tapering, reach to my upper thighs, not too short.

Any advice how to put these on and still look classy?
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 26, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Hmmmm... tough question! I've seen an awful lot of girls looking trashy in them, so it's nice that you're trying not to! :) Since they're denim, they're more casual, so you might try tights under them and a top that's fitted to the waist then slightly longer. Pick a very thin tight (I like the ones made from bamboo because they're so soft and very, very thin so they don't look bulky) in a color that coordinates with the top and shoes. Personally I hate the look of hot pants with midriff tops, but that's just me. And clogs or wedges are better (in my opinion) than the usual spike heels if you want higher heels to make the look current.

I'm sure you're going to look awesome! Enjoy!
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 26, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Thanks Schoolmarm, I was thinking tights too, but I thought they work only with a looser fitted shorts...

Wedges sounds good, I shall try the look! :)
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 27, 2012, 06:33 AM
    Bet you'll look amazing! ;)
    gothica12 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Apr 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
    That's good you got the body for them. I am 20 years old and I've been wearing short shorts since I was 18. To keep them from looking trashy or skanky, make sure your butts not hanging out from underneath them(those would be booty shorts). I usually wear a cute top with them(e.g my white lacey shirt from guess). Maybe wear a cute halter(it's OK it show some clevage but not too much, or a tank top that's not too low cut). You could also wear them with an off the shoulder top.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you like wear indian ethnic wear dress? [ 3 Answers ]

I belong to India and only follow latest Indian tradition fashion.

What to wear with snowboard pants [ 3 Answers ]

I have some snowboarding pants that I want to wear just as everyday clothes in the winter. I like the way they look plus they're really comfortable. What would look good with them? Or would it be messed up to wear them? :D

My ex-boyfriend has a trashy house, Can he still take my child over their? [ 11 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend has a very trashy house and lives with 2 other guys, Has 2 dogs and one is a Jack Russell, that jumps and bites you in the face. Well I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I no that he's no a very good person, He only care's about himself and doesn't care that I pregnant, but still wants his...

A trashy Mystery.about Art Thief.Art Curator? [ 1 Answers ]

The Covers: I feel that they had the outlines of a person, like a black Shadow, with green, yellow and red (blue?) backgrounds. These were the Paperbacks. I read this probably around 2000-2004 The Plot: A museum curator has artwork stolen- or is sent to protect Artwork- and falls in...

View more questions Search