Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myquest2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
    My DVD recorder will not combine blank or erased portions on a disc.
    When I have several recorded programmes on a disc and erase some after watching it no longer combines the erased portions into one complete erased sections, sio I get lots of individual portions.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2012, 11:41 AM
    This probably varies with different types of recorders but the older models we have will only combine erased segments that are next to each other on the disc menu. In other words, if we had 3, 90 minute movies recorded and 30 minutes of unused space at the end--then erased the 2nd movie, we would end up with a 90 min segment and the original 30 minute segment at the end. If instead, we erased the last movie, we would have a now 120 minute space at the end. I am certainly not an expert on this issue but the above is how our machines work.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2012, 07:08 PM
    It also depends on the type of disc you are using. For maximum editing capabilities through a DVD recorder, use DVD+RW.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect a Toshiba D-VR660 (DVD video recorder/VHS recorder to----with splitter [ 0 Answers ]

How to connect a Toshiba D-VR660 (Dvd recorder/Video cassette recorder, a motorola HDTV cable box, memorex dvd player and a olevia HDtv with a splitter? I would like to be able to record a TV show while while a dvd on the memorex dvd player. How do I use the source inptu for these devices?

How to Connect DVR + VCR + DVD player +DVD recorder and switch box [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I had this with maybe the dvd player and the vcr but now I'm stuck and cannot find manual for the dvd recorder. I have too many wires and too many electronics Result I would like, in the ideal world, is to have my dvd recorder to have the ability to record old VHS and DVR and other DVDs. ...

DVR recorder disc space [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting a DVR recorder installed. Never had one so my question is... how much can I record on a DVD? Say I set it to record a hour show on TNT and I want another show that is later the same day on another channel. Can this be done or do I have to be here to insert another DVD?

Dvd recorder will not recognize disc [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES35V dvd player/recorder which suddenly will not play any disc that I try to play. Can anyone help me with this problem. Thanks, Frank S

View more questions Search