Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbear30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 11:43 PM
    My girlfriend broke up with me but she still loves me and said she needs time
    My girlfriend and I have been dating for 4 months since last Sunday. About 2 weeks ago she said that she was bored and wanted to go out more. So we went out with her best friend and her boyfriend for her best friends birthday. A week later she tells me that she still has feelings for her ex and needs a break. So for about 2-3 days we still talk but we don't see each other. She realized that she's lived without her ex for so long and told me about how she can't live without me. So thing go back to normal until 2 days ago when I was over at her house she says that she wants to break up. She says she still loves me and part of her wants to be with me, but part of her wants to be single too. She says that she's got a lot going on and she wants to be able to hang out with her guy friends without feeling guilty. I keep telling her that I love her and I want her back so bad but she says that she needs to be alone for a little while. She says that she thinks that we'll get back togeather eventually and that she's not going to see other people and I said I wasn't either. But when is eventually? Days, Weeks, Months? Does anyone have any advice?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2012, 04:44 AM
    No one knows when eventually will be, it could be never, but we do know that while she is having fun with her guy, and gal friends, you should be doing the same.

Bad idea to even consider waiting for her to be ready to take you back though, not only because you have no clue when that will be, but while she says she won't be looking for someone else, she may well date many others and eventually date others.

Thank her for the good times, bow out gracefully, and have yourself a blast as a single guy, after a proper healing period. That's what dating was all about, having fun while getting to know each other, and in your case, she was unsure twice already, so the experiment didn't work out. That happens all the time, for whatever reason, and while it hurts at first, you will recover, eventually.

Break ups suck for sure, but its not a bad thing, as you are as free as she is to explore better options with the chance of better outcomes.
    bigbear30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 09:00 AM
    Thanks talaniman, but I know she won't be dating anybody else, we go to the same college and I see her in the halls mostly everyday, we still talk and stuff and she promised that we would get back togeather eventually but right now she said she just needs time, but it's killing me not knowing how long it's going to last, I still want to be with her and she said she still wants to be with me but she needs time, and I think she's just confused because she does have a lot that's going on in her life right now and she just needs time alone, so hopefully it works out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Then give her time alone as she has asked and go have yourself a great time without her.
    Jimmy78 Posts: 85, Reputation: 21

Mar 26, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Live your life, don't put it on hold. The best thing about the situation is if she comes back treat her like you never knew her and tell her to kiss your and find them other people she like being with.
    semra1997 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 06:47 PM
    I think you should ask if she loves you and still have feelings for you too and if she doesn't t than let her go.
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Mar 27, 2012, 04:16 AM
    Basically you should let her have her fun and you should go find some fun for yourself and possibly a new girl to occupy your time or make you realize there could be a better girl out there for you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend said she needs time and space but she still loves me [ 11 Answers ]

I was dating a girl for 16 months things we were great. I meant her 2 summers ago. She lived in pittsburgh at the time with her mom but her dad lived in the same town I did 3 hrs north of pitt. She was visiting her dad that summer when we meant. We meant when she got a job where I worked. Right...

My girlfriend broke up with but says she loves me... is there any way back? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 2 and a half years broke up with me a week ago. She is 24 and I am 26 and we have had the most amazing fun throughout our relationship... we never had any serious arguments and had talked of living together, marriage etc in the future. A few weeks ago, she went on holiday with some...

Girlfriend says she loves me and needs time? What does that mean? [ 34 Answers ]

My girlfriend of a year and two months has broken up with me. It's been almost two weeks since she's broken up with me and she say's that she just needs time and that she doesn't know what she wants right now. Every now and then she would text me that she misses me and that she loves me. Just last...

My girlfriend broke up with me, she says she still loves me but doesn't want to be with me. [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend for 2 and half years has just broke up with me, I feel like my whole life is gone! She is truly amazing and I would do anything for her I love her so much! she broke up with me because we have been arguing a lot lately, she was lying to me about other guys and the last few months...

View more questions Search