Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cabinboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 06:18 PM
    11HP B&S has no power under load, WHY, help
    Have an 11 HP briggs and straton rider mower. When I try to engage the mower deck the engine loses power and wants to shut off. Any idea what the problem may be. Engine runs well while in idle. No smoke of any color. Thanks.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Sounds like it's the internal governor gear , this is suppose to rev engine when it goes under a load . Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 11HP B&G - won't throttle to high [ 3 Answers ]

My 11HP Craftsman starts great but will not rev up to high & if I attempt to engage the blades it only crawls at a snail's pace. Does anyone know where I can get a detailed diagram of the throttle control cable & (not sure what it is called) the cable that connects to to the carb to have it rev to...

B&S 11HP - Need Pulleys [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I have a b&s lawn tractor and I was wondering where I can order pulleys. I have removed the engine pulley and trans pulley the engine pulley has a bigger "hole" so I have no idea where to look for them. If somebody can please post a site where to buy them and how to measure them, I would be...

B&S 11hp Riding Lawnmower [ 6 Answers ]

Mower was running fine - had to put it in reverse and now the brake/clutch is stuck all the way down - you can change into any gear(which I'm guessing means the clutch is depressed) - will not go into gear though and will not move - How can fix this?

B&S 11hp Riding Lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

Mower was running fine - had to put it in reverse and now the brake/clutch is stuck all the way down - you can change into any gear(which I'm guessing means the clutch is depressed) - will not go into gear though and will not move - How can fix this?

Lawn Chief 11hp B & S [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I got a Lawn Chief Brigg and stration 11hp And the lights don't have any wire connecting to them so they don't work. Any idea where the wires come from so they will work? Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search