Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharlasangels07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 03:23 PM
    Irregular bleeding age 31 never happened before have 7 children
    I am 31 years old I have never had an irregular period and have had 7 children. Well this month I started my cycle on March 5 and by March 15th I was still bleeding so I went to the doctor and he put me on provera at 10mg/day for 12 days. He also did a vaginal ultrasound and full bloodwork including prolactin and TSH levels all were in normal limits. By day 3 of provera bleeding stopped but on day 9 light bleeding started is this normal? Does it mean cancer?
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 25, 2012, 07:43 AM
    It sounds as if the doctor covered most of the bases. You might, however, want to go back to him and ask for a CA-125 blood test (cancer marker for ovarian cancer among other things) and a PET scan IF that's what it will take to ease your mind.

Don't panic. It's likely that this is something as minor as a small polyp that can be easily removed in a D&C. I had one that went unnoticed till I was bleeding so profusely and had such terrible pain that I switched doctors in hopes of better luck. The solution was a simple office biopsy that removed the tiny bugger and I was back to normal almost immediately. I had other polyps removed over the years that were causing erratic bleeding. Nothing major, just annoying.

Hopefully that's all that's wrong. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happened re. Your divorce & custody of your children? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been legally separated for more than 20 years because my divorce case is so complicated & a divorce would be too costly.

What happened in the ice age [ 1 Answers ]

What happened in the ice age

Irregular bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, for a while now during my periods I only bleed on one side of my tampon. Should I be worried about this? I've told a few people and they seem to think its nothing, but it makes me wonder if it would hurt my chance of having children later. Thanks.

I'm concerned about my irregular period, this has never happened before! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 17. I have had my period for about 5 years and it has always been normal. I usually have a cycle of 5 days every 27 days. I had my last period about 2 weeks ago, and I just started menustrating today. Is there something wrong with me? Please help! I need advice!

View more questions Search