Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvhuggins1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 05:59 AM
    Credit card balance
    My wife owed about $30,000 on three chase credit cards. They were resultant from my use as an authorized user and she didn't know about it. As an authorized user I am not responsible by law. We separated and she told the company that the charges were not authorized by her. They reversed about $20,000 of the charges and sent her February and March bills reflecting the lower balances due. Now, she has gotten new bills and a letter stating that they were adding the charges back to the accounts, so the balances are about $30,000 again. They said she benefited from the charges but she didn't. Since they sent her the 2 bills with the lower amount... can they add back the charges? Thanks for any help.
    No, there were no fraud charges filed and chase said they couldn't fiind any evidence of fraud.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
    Yes they may add them, if they were not authorized by her, they are fraud, but they were authorized by her since you made them and she authorized you to use the card.

She may sue you for the money if you refuse to pay her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Settle My Credit Card Balance [ 5 Answers ]

I have a CC balance of 46K, 23K, I am about 2 months pass due, I pulled 40K out of 401 To try to settle all these amounts, should I try to settle each one equitably or pay The lower off in full and try to settle for a lesser % of the higher one ? I know it Is going to affect my credit anyway,...

Being sued for credit card balance [ 4 Answers ]

I just got served for a credit I need to response within 10 days how dow I do it?

Mother Credit Card Balance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- My 87 mother passed away in January of this year. She was on medicare/medicaid had a Small social security check and owned no property, land, car, she had no assets! She had a burial policy from an insurance company and that is being used to inter her cremated remains and get her a...

Credit card reduced balance [ 3 Answers ]

Is it true that credit card companies will except a reduced settlement of your balance if you make them an offer if they believe there is little chance of them receiving the full amount other wise, if so is there a stencil letter on the web to use:confused:

View more questions Search