Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surendrarath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Electric shock in human body
    Since the last 1-2 moths I am facing a strange problem that I can't really describe. I feel a sudden electric current like passing through my finger tips on touching steel objects ( utensils, taps etc) or empty egg shells etc. Sometimes if other people try to finger touch me on my hand there suddenly appears a friction and we both get the sensation of current passing and so pull our hands away. This is really strange and appears more frequently during the night time. Throughout the day the number of occurrences are very few. My doc is unable t understand the problem either and my sister feels worried as she has touched my hand many times and got the shock sensation. Also there is a slight patting sound when this current passes. Please help me know if anybody else also has come across a similar problem.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2012, 07:31 AM
    Sounds like a static electric charge is in your body. The current you feel is the charge being dischaged, or passing to a surface or person.

This charge of static electricity is gone until it builds up again in your body, and again discharged when you come in cotact with someone or something else.

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/static.html
    delhiwala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
    Same problm facing me too...
    What to do..
    ajaygargd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2013, 08:19 AM
    Dears
    This is nothing but static charge developed when rubbed with some fibre made cloth, blanket, woolens etc.
    This may be caused by friction to your cloths or skin glands by dry air & difference in temperatures i.e. if you sit in an AC envirement & then move in hot air. This can be seen while getting out of car in summer seasons especially.

So don't move out or open the door of your car (Especially back door which is near to petroll inlet) at Fuel Station as it may give an electric spark same as from LPG gas lighter, it can ignite the fire.

Don't worry everything is normal with your body.
    Only thing you need to take care, just wear cotton cloths & try to reduce differerence in temperature.

With best wishes
    Ajay Garg
    Ajeshkavumchali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2014, 01:39 AM
    Same problm facing me too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric shock/current passing through human body. [ 21 Answers ]

Since the last 3-4 mnths I am facing a strange problem that I can't really describe. I feel a sudden electric current like passing through my finger tips on touching steel objects ( utensils, taps etc) or empty egg shells etc. sometimes if other people try to finger touch me on my hand there...

Like an electric shock below my armpit. I do work out and had shovled a lot of snow. [ 3 Answers ]

I work out with weights and do cardio a lot. I have noticed when I run or jump I get like a bee stinging feeling below my arm pit almost where my lat muscle ties in. It does not bother me only when jumping running, if I hold the fat or my chest when running it does not bother me either. I hope...

Electric shock at 9 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I got a soreish electric shock last night in my finger. It made me jump but wasn't too bad and it was from a wire in a lamp. There is no mark there or anything. I feel fine and although I jumped back in shock that was it and it only lasted a second. Could I have killed my baby? May see doctor...

Get electric shock when I touch kitchen cabinets [ 2 Answers ]

My kitchen is pretty old. Fluorescent lights are built into (underneath) each of the metal cabinets. Lately, and intermittently, I've noticed I get a shock when I either touch the counter beneath the cabinets or a cabinet door. This was not happening when I bought the place and moved in 3...

View more questions Search