Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clunk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 10:14 PM
    Wiring bath fan with light?
    Is there any way to wire the light of a combo bath fan on a 3-way switch, but still have the fan on just one switch? I just put a pocket door between my bathroom and bedroom, and I need a switch in the bedroom that turns on the light in the bathroom, so I don't have to walk across the bathroom in the dark to turn on the light. I currently have the light on a dimmer switch and the fan on a timer switch. Thanks for any input.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 04:43 AM
    Yes, you simply replace the existing light switch with a 3-way switch, run 3-wire cable to the second switch location.

Or use a switch like this. No need to run the wiring.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring bathroom fan/light to separate light/fan switches [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing my bathroom fan and separate light fixture with a combined light/fan exhaust fixture. I have 2 switches;one fed the old light fixture and one fed the old fan. I want to use existing switches to operate the new unit's fan and light separately. The power coming from the combined 2...

Wiring bathroom fan/light to separate light/fan switches [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to have my bathroom light/fan operate separately, with one switch operating the light and the other operating the fan. The power coming from the switches is 6 wires (2 black, 2 white,1 red and ground). The wire coming from the light/fan is 4 wire (black, white, red, and ground). I have...

Wiring bath fan with light/fan combo. Want to operate them on separate switches. [ 1 Answers ]

I have power wire with a black/white/ ground. The switches have their own wires with Black/ White wires. The fan unit has two plugs one for the fan with a blue wire and a white wire, and the light has a black wire and a white wire.

Wiring Bath Fan/Light [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a NuTone fan/light combo to replace an old one in the bathroom. When I installed it and turned it on, only the fan worked. The wires are hooked up properly to the fixture, however, the switch doesn't match the instructions. They call for a red wire attached to the switch. My...

Bath Light/Fan Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am attempting to switch a double-switch in a single gang box that controls the light and fan in my bathroon to 2 single switches in a double gang box. There are 2 sets of wires coming into the box. One has a black, white and ground. The other has a black, white, ground and red. ...

View more questions Search