Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huntodds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Raffle odds
    I am trying to write a formula to calculate percent chance of having a winning raffle ticket. Lets say for example there are 1430 tickets sold. I have 64 tickets. Lets say there are 25 prizes.
    I was thinking number of tickets I have divided by the total of tickets. Then multiply that by the 25 prizes. Then multiply by 100 to get a percent. Something doesn't seem right thou with this formula but I'm not sure.
    Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Raffle odds calculations? [ 1 Answers ]

If a raffle sells 40,000 tickets, which are replaced, and has 5 drawings for a total of 119 prizes... what are my odds my 1,2 and 3 tickets purchased? Thank you

Calculating Raffle Odds [ 13 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure this out, have done many, many searches, read hundreds of pages, and still cannot understand the calculation. (Most questions have to do with lotto odds... ) The specifics are, for example: 100,000 entries 5 prizes of equal value 50 entries. I thank anyone...

Raffle odds [ 1 Answers ]

I guess I'm thinking too hard. If there is one prize and 300 tiks my odds would be 1 in 300 . If 1 prize and 600 tickets and I buy two, I'm told my odds are the same. My question is why is the odds the same ? If 1 out of 300 I could pull 299 before getting to my #. If 2 of 600 the I could pull...

Raffle tickets, odds when buying more than one ? [ 1 Answers ]

This is a for real raffle, 129000 tickets will be sold, 7400 prizes will be awarded. If you Buy one ticket, you have a 1 in 18 chance of winning a prize. If I bought 3 tickets, would The odds change very much or still be about the same ? Thanks in advance for responding!!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.