Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragicevic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 04:27 PM
    Artist signature unknown oil painting
    I write this in hopes that somebody will give me some information about this signature. Information that I have about the painting is that is coming from the Paris, France, and the painter with these intials (J.L) paint the picture in time between approx- 1820-1880.

I would be enormously thankful for any information if anybody find this signature familiar.

Thanks for the answer. Modest reward for a positive, confirmed ID.
    Attached Images

Mar 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Unknown painting
    I write this in hopes that somebody will give me some information about this picture.

Information that I have about the picture are that is bought at auction in Vienna in the last century and shows a scene in Venice.

I would be enormously thankful if someone could tell me who is author of the picture or any information if you have one.

Thanks for the answer. Modest reward for a positive, confirmed ID.
    Attached Images

RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2012, 08:20 AM
    The first letter might be a T, rather than a J.

Frankly, I wonder why they were so sure about the time that I was done in, but no clue as to who painted it.

Can you tell us more about what they told you about the painting?

Mar 28, 2012, 11:40 AM
    Hi,

First of all, I apologize for later reply, I have not had access to the Internet the last few days. This is two different paintings. On the first one I'm interested in signature, I have no whole picture (it is portrait), the second one is like you can see. People in Vienna Museum told me that is a scene representing poor family, that is all I know about the second painting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting [ 7 Answers ]

I received this Large oil painting from my parents estate. I believe they acquired it in the 50's or 60's (not sure) I've tried searching the artists name, but not sure if I am reading it correctly. R.B.Rchards. I would like more information on the artist and subject. No manifest at all.

Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting [ 5 Answers ]

Artist Signature Unknown Oil Painting. Help, please identify. 16647 16648

View more questions Search