Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seldaadam Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Mar 21, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Why am I jealous?
    Hi,

Me and boyfriend have been going together for a year and a half. I can't help myself, but I always get jealous. I know my boyfriends Facebook, e-mail, passwords, and I go on his profile, and check who his talking to. I don't know why I do that. I always check what his doing even check his phone, xbox, and hotmail he says ''Im not hiding nothing from you''.

I know that his telling the truth I just need help. I just can't trust a man again because what happen before with my exes. They all lied to me and because of them, now I can't even trust my own boyfriend.

Help me please, I really need a help :(( :( .
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
    You can't punish someone from the present with something from the past. Let it go. You need to start to learn how to control yourself. Work on yourself esteem and your confidence, that will kill your jealousy. There is no reason to be jealous, ESPECIALLY if this guy had not done anything wrong. Tell him to change his passwords and not to ever tell you them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
    I agree with Javi. Tell your boyfriend to change his passwords immediately and NEVER give them out to ANYone, not even to his mother.

Meanwhile, you need to talk with an unbiased person like a school counselor about your insecurity and neediness. If you don't fix this now, you're going to have a very miserable life with many failed relationships.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 29, 2012, 11:00 PM
    It's bad that you had exes who weren't trust worthy. But now that you've found a guy, who hides nothing from you, even lets you check his accounts and all, I guess you should trust him.

You cannot let your past, interfere with your present. Just try and trust him. Little by little. First of all stop checking his phone and accounts. Then slowly build on the trust.

Pettisbel Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2012, 04:01 AM
    The way I stopped myself from stalking my boyfriend is:

1. Whenever I feel insecure, I think back of all the time he eased my insecurities.
    2. When I want to stalk his phone, I think back of all the time he turned his friends down for me.
    3. When I want to stalk his fb, I think back of all the time he showed me to his friends.
    4. When I want to do something nasty because of jealousy, I think back of all the time I've did the same and know as well that I was accusing him.
    5. When I want to enter into a coldwar with him, I think of all the time that we can have together to build a better relationship.
    6. When I cry alone cause I'm needy, I send him love texts to convert my sadness into happiness.

It's not easy to trust again once he has betrayed you/you've been betrayed by others, but appreciate your partner now for how he is treating you today. I mean... You're already in a relationship... Why not make a better out of it instead of sitting down feeling insecure of the future?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealous of everything better [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. I don't know what's wrong with me since past few days. I am done with my engineering graduation and I feel I am jealous of people around me having better things than me. I get pissed off on thinking about others' betterment and development. I have lost faith in me and very unhappy with myself....

Am I too jealous? [ 23 Answers ]

I have been going out with my girlfriend for 3 months. We are still in school, and our relationship was going great. Then she started hanging out with this boy more and more. He is her exboyfriend and he is still in love with her. They share a locker, and he walks her to almost every class. He...

Why am I so jealous [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together for three years now and I get jealous over everything! With past relationships, I wasn't like this at all. Just with him. I get jealous if he even looks at girls. I don't know why because I know he would never do anything to hurt me, but I still get mad about it....

How do I stop being jealous? Is this being jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend sent messages to guys do I have the right to be jealous? And when I ask her she make it out of fight saying I do not trust her. What is it?

Am I too jealous? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend's best friends are all girls. He is really close and can hug and kiss them. He won't invite me to go out to the bar with them or hangout with them. I trust him but I don't know any of the girls. I know that he didn't tell his friends he was in a relationship for a long time. But,...

View more questions Search