Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friendforever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Should I leave my husband
    I have been married for 9 years and I have two little girls. I don't ever remember being treated nicely by my husband after marriage. He is always yelling at me or the children and can never have a proper adult conversation without saying something inappropriate.

I'm not brave enough to leave since my children despite all the yelling love their father very much and I know if I leave that he will try to take them from me and they are my life.

He has not held a steady job since we got married and is not willing to take advise from me or anyone else.
    A part of me is also afraid to leave because of the stigma that I think will be attached to my children and my family.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Consider what your marriage, as it is now, is teaching your children about what relationships are like??

Would counseling together be an option? Have you voiced your feelings on how the relationship has been? If so, what was his response?

Since you believe talking about it is not an option, then consider counseling for yourself so that you can be better prepared in how to deal with the situation. You may find the strength to make a decision that will be emotionally healthy for you and for your children. Seek support from trusted family, friends, church members, co-workers, etc for guidance as well.

If counseling is not an option for you as well, think long and hard about the example this sets for your children. Sure they love him, but that doesn't mean it is healthy for them to be living with him as things are now. Your strength comes from what you do to raise your children in a loving environment. If you consider leaving, speak with a lawyer first to learn what you need to know. If you decide to stay, do what you need to do to learn to stand up for yourself. If you fear him at all, and are worried if the anger will become physical, or if it has already, get out now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to leave my husband [ 10 Answers ]

I am married to my cousin for last 6 years, we had a baby boy after one year of our marriage, but he died when he was one year old, my husband is my 1st cousin, doctors said my baby died bcoz of some genetic disease caused due to cousins marriage, but I believe it was all written in our fate, these...

Should I leave my husband? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 20 years. I am really confused right now. My husband has been talking to a woman at work for a couple of weeks on the phone. He talks to her while he is at work. She doesn't call or text him when he is with me. I called the number and a femaled answered. I don't know...

Should I leave my husband [ 21 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for just over 5 years. Not a first marriage for either of us. We are in our forties. For the last 2 years things keep getting worse. My husband refuses to spend time with me, refuses to talk to me about our problems. He basically comes home from work and...

I need to leave my husband [ 2 Answers ]

I have been married for 15 years and with my husband for 18. We have no kids, but my husband and I are done. Every day I pray to God to help me leave him. In a nut shell, my husband and I have not had intimate relations in almost 7 years, but this has been due to his medical condition for the past...

Should I leave my husband [ 25 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years and have two young children, I'm finding it hard to keep up with the house work and look after our children and do family day care at home and find time for myself. I continually ask my husband to help out more but he complains that he is to tired...

View more questions Search