Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jef1996am Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 02:05 AM
    Re taking of fingerprints for adoption in Guangzhou China
    I had to retake my fingerprints due to the electronic ones being rejected. Who:confused: at the FBI in Washington DC is the person that reviews the prints. We are currently stuck in Guangzhou China and can not obtain our child's visa without the approval of the fingerprints. They were taken on 2/13, Fedexed to DC and received on 2/16 at 10:00am. We are going buggy in a hotel room with our daughter beginning 3 weeks now. Please Help!:eek:
    Cooker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 02:42 AM
    Ask to see the RSO. (Regional Security Officer). Same as FBI, except he/she is a special agent of the US State Department. They can print you and scan them. They could do this for a criminal investigation and they should have the cabilities at the US Embassy in Beijing. I am not sure about Guangzhou. AFIS is the automated finger print identification system. Most federal agencies such as the FBI, IRS, DEA and Homeland Security operate from the US Embassies around the world. Surely they don't wait for print clearances to come back on a serious matter. Find out if Interpol will run your prints for you. There must be some options.
    jef1996am Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jef1996am
    I had to retake my fingerprints due to the electronic ones being rejected. Who:confused: at the FBI in Washington DC is the person that reviews the prints. We are currently stuck in Guangzhou China and can not obtain our child's visa without the approval of the fingerprints. they were taken on 2/13, Fedexed to DC and received on 2/16 at 10:00am. We are going buggy in a hotel room with our daughter beginning 3 weeks now. Please Help!:eek:
    Miracles do happen. I had some contacts at State and the FBI and they were able to process my prints quickly and we now have the visa for our daughter and are going home Sunday, 2/25. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From China [ 3 Answers ]

Who can tell me which country does this website belong to? I enter into this forum happenly, I am yang yane from China. Thanks so much. :confused:

UK/China Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Fingerprints on illegal drugs are mine! [ 31 Answers ]

I attended a party at an apartment complex about two weeks ago. The day after the party someone who lives in the apartments discovered a small black 35mm film canister on the ground under some hedges. It contained a small amount of meth split up in 2-3 small baggies. When I say small amount I am...

Fingerprints [ 3 Answers ]

I work part time for a food service and from washing dishes to accidental burns, it's not too good for my hands. Out of my ten fingers I only have two fingerprints left. The rest are completely smooth but wrinkly. :-/ My question is, will they come back? I miss being able to effectively turn a...

View more questions Search