Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 07:19 PM
    D Link Router Setup deleting password?
    What do I do to get interne assess on a laptop in my house while using my wireless router on my computer?
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 21, 2012, 06:52 AM
    You need to go through the wireless network setup on your laptop and input the WEP/WPA (whichever your chose when you set up the router) code. The same goes for anything else you connect to the router--your cell phone, TiVo, printer, etc. When you set up the router you were given a choice of several possible codes. Hopefully you wrote them down and noted which one you chose. If not, you may have to go through the setup again. Or you can go to the paperwork for the router, find the IP you need to access the router (usually 192.168.1.1), go there, use the factory default login (unless you changed it) and check the security settings for you key code. Once you find it, record it somewhere as you'll need it whenever you want to hook up some new device.

Good luck! :)
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 21, 2012, 07:01 AM
    By the way, your title suggests you want to delete the passkey. Don't do that. It's what keeps your network safe from hijackers driving by with a network finder from logging into your network and from there into your computer. The key is what keeps your network secure.
    ggay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Schoolmarm97 View Post
    You need to go through the wireless network setup on your laptop and input the WEP/WPA (whichever your chose when you set up the router) code. The same goes for anything else you connect to the router--your cell phone, TiVo, printer, etc. When you set up the router you were given a choice of several possible codes. Hopefully you wrote them down and noted which one you chose. If not, you may have to go through the setup again. Or you can go to the paperwork for the router, find the IP you need to access the router (usually 192.168.1.1), go there, use the factory default login (unless you changed it) and check the security settings for you key code. Once you find it, record it somewhere as you'll need it whenever you want to hook up some new device.

Good luck! :)
    Thank you so much I will give that a try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to access D-Link Router setup address; 192.168.0.1 [ 30 Answers ]

I Have A D-link Di 524, and I cannot access 192.168.0.1. What Can I Do?

How to remove password in d-link router [ 3 Answers ]

How to remove password

How to remove password in d-link router [ 2 Answers ]

How to remove password in d-link router

View more questions Search