Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 11:29 PM
    I missed so much! Teach me to go to work! ;)

Okay, well Alty is pretty easy actually. My original username was Altenweg, my last name. No one could spell it, and it was way too long, so someone shortened it to Alty. I don't even remember who. Anyway, I too didn't think I'd stick around on this site, so I picked a name I knew I'd remember. A while back I begged to have it changed to Alty. I'm pretty sure I had to give up my first born to have it done, but seeing as he's a 13 year old boy, no one has come to collect him. :)

Nicknames for my kids. Well, Syd was "Boo" when she was little, because she looked like Boo from Monsters Inc. A friend started calling her that, and still does, but he's the only one that can get away with it now. Sneezy calls her Dimples, but, again, he's the only one that's allowed to call her that. I call her Syd, or Sydney bean.

When Jared was little I called him Mr Munch, because that kid ate everything he could get his hands on. Schatzie (sweetie in German), and now it's Jare bear (which he hates). Seeing as he's 13 now, and a typical teen, most times he's called brat, but usually not to his face. ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 12:39 AM
    Okay, I get a little busy at work for the past fewe days and y'all go all chatty on me.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 05:30 AM
    For those who remember alkalineangel, she has returned after about four years and has a thread in active members. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/active...us-645584.html

J, Alty wants us to be chatty. I think she is getting her wish. :)
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 06:17 AM
    I had a bad night. Have a baby who was shipped to a higher level of care and is on neonatal brain cooling. HOWEVeR!! I can't look it up on my computer. When I Google it I get a list of sites but when I click on them advertising comes up instead of the actual website. I'm doing a virus check now, I've done Malwarebytes, I don't know what else to do.

Somebody help me before I go into withdrawals! I'm currently operating under safe mode!
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 06:43 AM
    BEN!! Where are you? I wish you could "remotely" fix my computer! I'm detoxing from FB games and it's not pretty!
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 06:47 AM
    J, if you need something looked up let me know. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 06:52 AM
    Could you look up "neonatal brain cooling" and provide me a link? I would like to see if I click on it and I get it or it comes up more advertising. Thanks!
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Could you look up "neonatal brain cooling" and provide me a link? I would like to see if I click on it and I get it or it comes up more advertising. Thanks!
    Done!
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=neonatal%20brain%20cooling&FORM=HPDTLB&PC =HPDTDF&QS=n
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:01 AM
    This is a link that should have absolutely no advertising attached to it: Head Cooling Guideline

It's from Vanderbilt University.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    This is a link that should have absolutely no advertising attached to it: Head Cooling Guideline

It's from Vanderbilt University.
    Oh, thank you so much. It WORKED... now going to go read it!
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Oh, thank you so much. It WORKED...now gonna go read it!
    If you need more or to tweak the search, just let me know. :)

The little one is in my thoughts.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:10 AM
    It doesn't look good. Please keep this little one in your thoughts. She has a 15 year old mother who is not really capable of taking care of a special needs child. As harsh as it sounds, sometimes the worst outcome is actually the best for everyone involved.
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:14 AM
    My thoughts and prayers go out for both baby and mother.

I understand what you mean. I sometimes wish more young females really understood the dangers. But even then they are in denial.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Apparently this mother thought that CPR was used with every delivery. While they were doing CPR she was texting her friends. It's very sad indeed and I'm sure I will have nightmares today. I just wish I could reach out to the teens better.

Hey! That's an idea... I could become certified in teen pregnancy!
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 07:26 AM
    I think you would do great in that specialty. Just remember that slapping them senseless is not a good method of treating them.

I wish I could I could think of anything to soften the concern and give you better dreams. You know where to find me, if there is anything I can do. Yes, that includes sharing the flirt. ;)
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
    I think you would do great in that specialty. Just remember that slapping them senseless is not a good method of treating them.

I wish I could I could think of anything to soften the concern and give you better dreams. You know where to find me, if there is anything I can do. Yes, that includes sharing the flirt. ;)
    Cat, as soon as I read what J wrote my first thought was "slap them senseless!" Darnit. Are you sure it's not an option, because it sure would feel good! ;)
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Cat, as soon as I read what J wrote my first thought was "slap them senseless!" Darnit. Are you sure it's not an option, because it sure would feel good! ;)
    I know.

Heck, I wish I could slap some politicians senseless too, bit unfortunately I think some one beat me to the punch.
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 05:57 PM
    I know.

Heck, I wish I could slap some politicians senseless too, bit unfortunately I think some one beat me to the punch.
    LOL! You can still get in a slap or two, just for giggles. :)
    Marriage Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    LOL! You can still get in a slap or two, just for giggles. :)
    Really? :D

Or are you just getting my hopes up? :(
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Name:  untie.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  2.8 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search