Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I 've checked in and was not too surprised to find yet another new skin. This one seems ok but I haven't checked it out in any detail (not that it matters it is the people that make this site special and I have missed you all.)

Since I last posted I have moved three times, taken several long road trips and was seriously questioning my sanity. I could not rationalize the death of a pet being so profound.

After a week of locking myself in my apartment and crying like a little girl , I realized that since the day I got him we had been together 24 7 until the day I had to put him to sleep.
    I loved that little dog more than I even realized.

But since I have decided to rejoin the insanity of everyday life I thought that this is the place to start and these are the people who will understand it helps to get it off your chest . And it has.

I will be checking in more as I get more time. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up . That seems to happen when you blow off responsibility for a few months.

It will be nice to be back.

Good to see your back and look forward to reading your posts. Im glad your getting things straightened out.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2012, 11:10 PM
    I want more Trailer Park Boys shows. Can one of you Canadians go tell Ricky, Julian and Bubbles to get back to work? I want Lucy on every show. Tell them that too.
    Thank you. I'll be waiting.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 02:32 PM
    Martin is back! Yay!

Martin, losing a pet isn't easy. Only those of us that have loved an animal, understand what it is to lose one. We're here if you need to talk. I hope you know that. (hugs)

Magprob. You always flit in, and then flit right back out. Bad boy! Stick around. We're tons of fun! Give us a try (that was not intended to be a sexual come on. Just fyi). ;)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Teething sucks.

Just sayin'
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 06:07 PM
    I can't wait until he hits the Terrible Twos. After that, it's time for Potty Training.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Teething sucks.

Just sayin'
    LMAO! If you're still nursing when his teeth finally come in, that will suck a lot more, trust me.

Syd was almost 3 when I stopped nursing her. She was a biter! :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I can't wait until he hits the Terrible Twos. After that, it's time for Potty Training.
    If you believe in the terrible twos. I don't I believe parents allow it to happen.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    If you believe in the terrible twos. I don't I believe parents allow it to happen.
    It's a Separation and Individuation stage. They do it again at puberty.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 07:41 PM
    I still believe it is all in the family dynamics. I've raised 4 children and never had these problems.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 07:43 PM
    I am just crabby from lack of sleep. HD got pissy at me giving notice, and I have crappy hours the next 2 weeks... I got to bed after midnight last night, and was up at 4 to get ready to be to work by 6, and got up between 1 and 2 to feed Boo... who has been crabby and clingy since I got home.

So... it's more me than him
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 07:47 PM
    I'm sorry Sis. Isn't Boo sleeping through the night yet?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:07 PM
    I still believe it is all in the family dynamics. I've raised 4 children and never had these problems.
    It's not a problem; it's a stage. And yes, if your children go to school and to friends' homes and don't cling to you instead, they mastered this stage.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:11 PM
    He was... but now he wakes up because his mouth hurts. It's either just feed him (and sleep a little later in the morning when I'm not working), or sit with him while he chews on a frozen wash cloth :(

Hubby tries to help, but just doesn't know what to do.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Please don't turn this analytical. I don't need counseling and I understand Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs as well as Erikson's Developmental Stages.

My two oldest clung to me, didn't have play dates nor did they go to school until kindergarten (no daycare and no preschool) and I never had these problems. I have good parenting skills. That is why we never experienced that "stage."
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:19 PM
    I never had these problems.
    Excuse me... stages.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:20 PM
    He was....but now he wakes up because his mouth hurts. It's either just feed him (and sleep a little later in the morning when I'm not working), or sit with him while he chews on a frozen wash cloth :(

Hubby tries to help, but just doesn't know what to do.
    Have you tried the tylenol and motrin for his pain?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:20 PM
    It's not Maslow or Erikson.

Synn, can you make a list for your husband? Would that help? Mine always did best with something written down, so at least he had half a chance of striking gold.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
    He just doesn't think that "just holding the baby" is necessarily good parenting. I agree with him to a point, but I see this as "comforting while in pain", not coddling. He's willing to get up with the baby to feed him if I have milk pumped, but will just let the baby fuss if he's not hungry or wet... Forgetting that I CANNOT sleep through it, if for no other reason than milk drawing down.

I give him tylenol, and that helps, but it still takes time to take effect---time that I'm not sleeping.

He conked now, so I'm going to bed before I pass out. Thanks for listening to me whine :)
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It's not Maslow or Erikson.
    You know what... I don't care. Personally, I'm tired of you analyzing me and everyone else here. This thread is for fun, it's not a freaking counseling session.
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 08:29 PM

He conked now, so I'm going to bed before I pass out. Thanks for listening to me whine :)
    Sweet dreams Sis... I love you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search