Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I just want to take this time to thank Alka for coming back. I really appreciate your help in all of the women's health issues!
    Thanks, although I'm definitely nowhere near your level of expertise. Lol.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 04:27 PM
    So around a month and half ago, my dog Fudge got into a bottle of bourbon and gave himself alcohol poisoning. We spent over $2k getting him out of a coma and back to normal (well sort of, I still think he lost some of the few brain cells he had) Well, just now, as I was sitting here at the computer reading posts with my screwdriver by my side (hey, it's Friday!) he jumped up on the desk and tried to steal it!! Darn dog just won't get off the juice. I need a doggy intervention. He's a good dog, well behaved, and apparently could do with some AA meetings...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel View Post
    reading posts with my screwdriver by my side ... he jumped up on the desk and tried to steal it!!!
    Are you having problems with your computer or the printer? And how could your dog hold a screw driver and help undo any of the screws? ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Are you having problems with your computer or the printer? And how could your dog hold a screw driver and help undo any of the screws? ;)
    Oh! Simple, I just tie a little toolbox around his neck! ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel View Post
    Oh! simple, i just tie a little toolbox around his neck! ;)
    Does it look like a little barrel, like a keg maybe?
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Does it look like a little barrel, like a keg maybe?
    Why, Yes! How did you know?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Well, I'm back. I've been taken off work yet again. I go back Sunday night. I've had a relatively good day. My daughter and her boyfriend took me to see The Hunger Games. Very good movie. I recommend it even if you haven't read the book. I was actually able to relax during the movie and I noticed that my heart rate went down, the shaking stopped, and my headache went away. Hopefully the meds are starting to work.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 05:10 PM
    I've been taken off work yet again.
    Now what? The same situation or something new?
    Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Now what? The same situation or something new?
    Same thing WG. The blood pressure issues.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Well, I'm back. I've been taken off work yet again. I go back Sunday night. I've had a relatively good day. My daughter and her boyfriend took me to see The Hunger Games. Very good movie. I recommend it even if you haven't read the book. I was actually able to relax during the movie and I noticed that my heart rate went down, the shaking stopped, and my headache went away. Hopefully the meds are starting to work.
    Maybe it's just your body saying slow down some? Sorry you had to be placed off work though. I just saw that movie on Wednesday. I loved it. But I'm a pretty big fan of the book series, too. Glad the headaches and whatnot are easing up.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Same thing WG. The blood pressure issues.
    I'm a month ahead on a diuretic. I could send you some to give you something to do. :) (Is your bathroom close to your computer?)
    Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Yup, bathroom is right behind me as we speak. What diuretic are you on? I was just taken off HCTZ.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Yup, bathroom is right behind me as we speak. What diuretic are you on? I was just taken off of HCTZ.
    That's mine, the generic. (Sorry this took so long to post. I went to check the bottle and was held captive by apple pie and a cup of coffee.)
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 05:58 PM
    I went to check the bottle and was held captive by apple pie and a cup of coffee.)
    Ugh... I HATE it when that happens... the band of evil brownies do it to me all the time.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 07:13 PM
    J, you need to take this time off to get your health back on track. We worry about you! We need a healthy J! Don't make me go all mom on your arse! :)

WG, I am grateful to have a job and be able to work that job. Really I am. It's just that I had plans with the kids tomorrow, and the idea of going to work instead, well, it's depressing me a bit. But I'm only working a half shift, so it's not that bad. In fact, by the time I get back Rod and Jared will likely still be sleeping, so they won't even miss me. Syd will, but she'll be okay. Tomorrow night we color easter eggs! Sunday we're invited to what is always a marvelous feast at my Aunts house. I can't wait. Then it's a full work week next week, and hubby is on nights, which is always hard.

But right now work isn't the main issue. Rod finally took a look at the dishwasher. He's not sure what the problem is, and he's usually very good with plumbing issues, and appliance issues. He thinks it's the dishwasher itself, because he can't find any other issues. Here's the part that ticks me off. We just bought that dishwasher 3 years ago, and we bought the best one we could afford so that it would last. It cost us $1400! Now we have to get a new one? They just don't build things to last anymore. :(

Alka, for me it's the peabutter squares. Yes, I said peabutter. Hubby is allergic to peanut butter, so we buy peabutter, made with chickpeas. It looks and tastes exactly like peanut butter, without those nasty hubby killing nuts inside. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    WG, I am grateful to have a job and be able to work that job. Really I am. It's just that I had plans with the kids tomorrow, and the idea of going to work instead, well, it's depressing me a bit.
    But did I make you feel guilty for complaining? Even just a little bit? :)
    Pets Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 07:20 PM
    J, you need to take this time off to get your health back on track. We worry about you! We need a healthy J! Don't make me go all mom on your arse! :)

WG, I am grateful to have a job and be able to work that job. Really I am. It's just that I had plans with the kids tomorrow, and the idea of going to work instead, well, it's depressing me a bit. But I'm only working a half shift, so it's not that bad. In fact, by the time I get back Rod and Jared will likely still be sleeping, so they won't even miss me. Syd will, but she'll be okay. Tomorrow night we color easter eggs! Sunday we're invited to what is always a marvelous feast at my Aunts house. I can't wait. Then it's a full work week next week, and hubby is on nights, which is always hard.

But right now work isn't the main issue. Rod finally took a look at the dishwasher. He's not sure what the problem is, and he's usually very good with plumbing issues, and appliance issues. He thinks it's the dishwasher itself, because he can't find any other issues. Here's the part that ticks me off. We just bought that dishwasher 3 years ago, and we bought the best one we could afford so that it would last. It cost us $1400! Now we have to get a new one? They just don't build things to last anymore. :(

Alka, for me it's the peabutter squares. Yes, I said peabutter. Hubby is allergic to peanut butter, so we buy peabutter, made with chickpeas. It looks and tastes exactly like peanut butter, without those nasty hubby killing nuts inside. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 07:24 PM
    A good majority of my diet is Mediterranean, so Chickpeas and their byproducts are very familiar to me. I'm a hummus pita every day sort of gal. I have a lactose intolerance too, so I eat a lot of soy products and lactaid with some almond milk on the side :)
    Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Don't you worry darlin' I've taken the entire week off. My manager called me this morning and put me off tonight and tomorrow night. I will have to go back in on Sunday night though as I can't afford to take any more time off. Hopefully by then I'll have this all worked out.

Apple pie and coffee WG? For me it would have to be beef jerky and beer. But lo and behold, there's too much sodium in them, so I can't have that either.

Alty, I'm sorry about the dishwasher issue. You didn't happen to buy an extended warranty did you?
    Pets Expert

Apr 7, 2012, 07:30 PM
    We got a new dishwasher. Leons was having a sale, so we got a pretty good brand name dishwasher for $250 brand new. Now here's hoping that the leak was because of the dishwasher, and not some other issue. Sigh.

I'm keeping my eyes on the washer and dryer. I'm sure they're the next to go. After all, in the last year we've lost 2 stoves, a fridge, the dishwasher. The one stove was only a few months old. The fridge, well, it was 16 years old so that's understandable. The dishwasher was only 3 years old. The washer and dryer are 16 years old, almost 17, so I'm worried.

They just don't make them like they used to. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search