Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    I have some good news, but will share it at a later time.
    That's not nice! Hearing good news might just get me and Dani out of the gutter.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 30, 2012, 09:56 AM
    Doula. Tell. Now.

Are you sharing some hot chocolate with us or something?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Great News J_9!

Dani - I am sorry for your loss, both professionally and emotionally. Just remember, when you think you have hit rock bottom, there is nowhere to go but up!

Doula- Happy news sounds fantastic! Is it a basket of kittens and bunnies and puppies, oh my?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Thanks Alkaline hun :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel View Post
    is it a basket of kittens and bunnies and puppies, oh my?!

Nope... it is a bouncing, baby, boy!

Found out awhile back that one of my daughters is pregnant. Yesterday, they found out that they are having a boy... :)

My stepdaughters, who live in England, have children but we don't get to see them very much at all. In fact, two of them we have yet to see in person.

This baby will be the first from my children. I have been stocking up on diapers and wipes for them for a little while, but now I can do some real shopping!
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Mar 30, 2012, 10:14 AM
    J_9 - Sorry to hear that you had to go through all the HIPAA/patient confidentiality madness - seems pretty innocuous what went on. I wish there was a way to insulate people from undue/unfair scrutiny. When my dad was working as a doctor (anesthesiologist), he didn't have to deal with any of the paperwork/HIPAA stuff - healthcare administration rules have changed a lot and I guess it's a good thing but it can get frustrating at times.

I am glad the final outcome is good, but seems unfortunate to have to prove your innocence!
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Blind dog rescued from trash heap has vision restored - msnNOW

I know I'm fairly new, but with the recent troubles you all are facing, I thought a story with a happy ending may be in order.

Mar 30, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Dani - seems like a rough week viz. job and Karot!

On the bright side - we'll see you on AMHD more, maybe? There's always a silver lining... ;-)

Seriously though - just hang in there and get that resume out there - you know there are lots here that can perfect that document with you.
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Thanks Ram, it's all due to this computer charting. They can see who accesses the records at all times. I was legit in my accessing even though it wasn't my patient. The physician's assistant at the hospital where the patient was transferred called with some questions so I had to access. Once this was explained to administration it was understood.

I guess it wouldn't have happened had we still been charting on paper, then there wouldn't be a trail.

Mar 30, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Doula - Congrats on the wonderful news.

BTW - was my answer on the Turkey question helpful... I didn't get any feedback and you know how that feels ;-)
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:20 AM
    Nope....it is a bouncing, baby, boy!

Found out awhile back that one of my daughters is pregnant. Yesterday, they found out that they are having a boy....:)

My stepdaughters, who live in England, have children but we don't get to see them very much at all. In fact, two of them we have yet to see in person.

This baby will be the first from my children. I have been stocking up on diapers and wipes for them for a little while, but now I can do some real shopping!
    YAY!! This is fantastic news Doula! I'm sure you are so excited!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Awwwww BABIES! Who doesn't love a sweet little baby boy to cuddle. Congrats!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Dani, sorry to hear about your hamster. I hope you and your mother can find work soon.

J, great news. I hope everything is straightened out including why the information wasn't sent in the first place. I can't see them being able to survive if they lose another person.

Doula, congratulations. :)
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    just got a text from my manager to be ready for work tomorrow night since my accessing the information was considered legit after all. Whew!!!

So glad that they determined it was not a breach of confidentiality. It was accessed for patient care, as was information shared between you and the doctor.

That is really good news! Well done that it was resolved quickly too.
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Yes, my CNO is usually on the ball. That news along with considering my reputation as well as my recent Daisy Award nomination helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    I hope everything is straightened out including why the information wasn't sent in the first place.
    When they "pull" the chart from the computer it doesn't tell WHY it was accessed, it just tells who accessed it and when. When I explained it was understood that I was doing it as part of my job and there was no malicious intent.
    Marriage Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Yes, my CNO is usually on the ball. That news along with considering my reputation as well as my recent Daisy Award nomination helps.
    I glanced through some of the stories on the Daisy Award site. It looks like you are in great company. :)

Now you can relax and enjoy the quiet. Or the loud, depending on what you are listening to at the moment.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2012, 10:45 AM
    Congrats on the Daisy nomination... that one comes from the heart of the profession... :)

Thanks all for the baby congrats! I am very excited!
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Congrats on the Daisy nomination......that one comes from the heart of the profession......:)

Thanks all for the baby congrats! I am very excited!
    Do we have any names yet? You know we love to help pick names around here!
    Marriage Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Do we have any names yet? You know we love to help pick names around here!
    Can we guess on due dates, too? :)
    Expert

Mar 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Can we guess on due dates, too? :)
    I'm guessing mid-August. Since she found out the sex yesterday, and they usually do that around 20 weeks, I'd say August 15 or 16.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search