Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CallaD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
    What college degrees/career paths do I have with a Felony?
    I've been worried about the future and I'd really like some advice.. I'm going to school because I want to be successful and be able to provide for me and my family. So, what should I go to college for? Which degrees will give me the best chance of not being turned down because of my record?

Not proud of the mistakes I've made but I'm a different person. I have 2 Misdemeanor A's. When I was 17 (adult in TX) I caught a theft charge and when I was 19 I got in trouble for possession of knuckles. I also have the lowest level of a felony charge for possession of marijuana.

I'm still young, only 20 right now so I'm hoping for the best. Please, I'm dying to know what paths will be more successful for me!!
    mattasmith Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Mar 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
    I think that you have a lot of opportunities! The biggest of these would be to own your own business! You could go to school to learn the skills and then go to work for yourself!

If you don't want to start your own business, see if the schools around you have a career services office or a job placement office. See if you can speak to a counselor. Let them know about your situation and they can give some professional guidance for free.

This link might provide further information for your opportunities through college:

How to Get Financial Aid for College if a Convicted Felon | eHow.com

I'd really recommend a professional degree of some sort like an accountant or business law or a doctor. These provide professional credentials and great opportunities to start your own business.

Once you get into college, go to every job fair that you can and start networking with other professionals in your field of study. Make sure to get to know them a little bit and then explain your situation. You might be surprised at what options become available to you!

I hope this helps and good luck!
    ana23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 05:35 PM
    Don't give up... I'm going through the same think I have a 211pc felony and I do know what you are going through just try your best and don't give up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony friendly degrees [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently got out of prison 10/19/09 and I'm having difficult getting a job. I have two felonies 1st and 2nd degree sales of a controlled substance. I would like to go to school but I'm not sure what to go for and what jobs out there will be felony friendly after I get a degree?

Are college coaches required to have college degrees [ 3 Answers ]

What are the academic requirements to coach at the college level

My parents don't approve career paths [ 19 Answers ]

Hey watsup guys? I don't know if this is the right thread but somehow I love posting in the relationship forum! =P Feel free to move this post if necessary. Anyway the problem is that I have an absolute passion for music and I would love to pursue a career in that area. I want to travel and tour...

Switching career paths [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am writing because I am seriously considering changing career paths. I am currently working towards my master's degree in social work, but I know that is not what I really want to do with my life. I wanted to counsel;but my grades were not high enough to get into the school of psychology;...

View more questions Search