Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmusselman3 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 10:01 AM
    how to write a thesis with the following
    (topic) Teenagers and Plastic Surgery
    Can you show me a thesis statement for each of the following.

1. a claim of fact or definition
    2. a claim about cause and effect
    3. a claim about value
    4. a claim about solutions or policies.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Can you write the statements and someone will come along and help you?

AMHD does not do homework.

Mar 20, 2012, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Can you write the statements and someone will come along and help you?

AMHD does not do homework.
    WOW! I wasn't asking for someone to do my homework, I just wanted to know how to do it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did not know I had to submit it first.

I can certainly do that. I was not sure what this was about, but here they are.

1. claim about value: Plastic surgery remains to be the solution for beauty, statistics show that cosmetic surgery leads to teens becoming addicted, depressed and regrets.

2.claim of fact or definition: . Doctors are encountering a disturbing number of teens requesting a more drastic altering of the body, such as breast augmentation, liposuction or rhinoplasty, just to fit in socially.

3.claim about cause and effect: Plastic surgery continues to rise amongst teens to correct medical concerns, perceived physical imperfections, and to attain a social model.

4.claim about solutions or policies: Even though the media supports cosmetic surgery, teens should be aware of the long lasting effects, talk to a counselor, and confer with parents and doctors prior to considering plastic surgery.
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2012, 02:02 PM
    We have a librarian and editor who volunteers and she's great at it!

Let me "call" her.

(I do like the points you've made but this is far from my level of expertise.)

Mar 20, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    We have a librarian and editor who volunteers and she's great at it!

Let me "call" her.

(I do like the points you've made but this is far from my level of expertise.)

Thank You Judy,
    I know how to write a thesis, but just curious if the ones I have come up with are weak or strong.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2012, 06:17 AM
    Not my area of expertise (although I'm an English major) but I do like what you've posted. All good points, all well thought out.

I'm still waiting for Wondergirl (our expert) to chime in.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 09:47 AM
    Sorry to take so long getting here. Things have been busy in the back forty.

Yes, I agree with Judy. They are well written and thought provoking. And they do seem to be strong statements that demand support. Do you want me to point out the comma splice in #1? ;)

Instead --
    1. claim about value: Plastic surgery remains to be the solution for beauty with statistics showing that cosmetic surgery leads to teens becoming addicted, depressed and regretful.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Once again, WG riding to the rescue!

Mar 21, 2012, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Sorry to take so long getting here. Things have been busy in the back forty.

Yes, I agree with Judy. They are well written and thought provoking. And they do seem to be strong statements that demand support. Do you want me to point out the comma splice in #1? ;)

Instead --
    1. claim about value: Plastic surgery remains to be the solution for beauty with statistics showing that cosmetic surgery leads to teens becoming addicted, depressed and regretful.
    Thank You ladies. Now that I know how to use this site. :) That would be great if you shared with me the comma splice. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmusselman3 View Post
    Thank You ladies. Now that I know how to use this site. :) That would be great if you shared with me the comma splice. :)
    I had corrected it in my post. Here it is again --

Instead, write (the bold is to show you the correction) --

1. claim about value: Plastic surgery remains to be the solution for beauty, with statistics showing that cosmetic surgery leads to teens becoming addicted, depressed and regretful.

Will you come back to visit us again? And please read the site's blog. We're revving it up so this site rocks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to write a thesis on school bullying. [ 8 Answers ]

Trying to write a thesis on school bullying. I wanted to take the angle of how different bullying in schools is today compared to 20 years ago..

How do you write a thesis statement about an accounting job? [ 1 Answers ]

I had to pick a career I would want to write a paper about, and then write a thesis statement about the job I picked. The job I picked was accounting. Have any ideas?

How to write a thesis for private accountant [ 3 Answers ]

How to write a theses for a private accountant?

How to write a thesis statement? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I need to know how to write a thesis can you guys please help? Im writing a thesis statement on the book "A thousand splendid suns" and my topic is "The struggle of women in Afghanistan". My three points are male dominance, low social status of women, and education.

How to write a thesis [ 1 Answers ]

I need help starting my paper for accounting class. I have to pick a company that interested me and Do reseach on their Financial Statement to get information So I can make investment choices. How would I start with the introduction about The company I choice to investment in from Looking...

View more questions Search