Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrash1167 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 04:26 AM
    Question about Property after divorce (Missouri)
    My husband and ex-wife are still listed on a mobil home title from when they were married. They are now divorced and both were awarded 50% each of the home. His ex-wife has filed bankruptcy on the property along with abandonment of it. We have made an agreement with the financial company to assume the loan as is and want to move back to the mobil home but I want to ask if there is any way to remove her name from the title without having to refinance the loan?

We know she can't be removed from the actual loan without a refinance, but the worry is that if we take over and make the payments and improve the property value then my husband dies my husbands ex-wife will actually become the owner of the property since she is listed on the title and not me.

Besides refinancing, what is the best way to protect ourselves?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Since this is a mobile home title, not a deed to a property, she can not just sign a deed over.
    You can not get a new title until it is paid off and unless the loan company will allow a new title to be issued.

She can sign and I would require at least a POA to give husband full rights to sign for any legal action in regard to the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

Divorce property [ 1 Answers ]

Will I be able to receive our home if my name is not on the mortgage in the case of a divorce.

Property title questions (missouri) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We my husband and I, own land jointly in Missouri. On the title it states my husbands name and my name. Now, my husband is terminally ill and we want to tie up all legal issues. Our question is this: the title as it reads"Michael AND Patty"..Is the "and" of any significance?? Will it be...

View more questions Search