Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Footbxr74 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 01:42 AM
    Frankenstein movie from the early 70s (or late 60s)
    I'm trying to remember the title of this movie-- I believe it was on a double bill with The Abominable Dr Phibes. The movie was a sequel of sorts in the Frankenstein story: a man was guillotined (wrongly convicted I think) and a descendant of Viktor Frankenstein reanimated the corpse with the usual disastrous results.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 29, 2013, 09:14 PM
    Frankenstein Created Woman (1967)
    IMDb synopsis:
    A dead and frozen Baron Frankenstein is re-animated by his colleague Dr. Hertz proving to him that the soul does not leave the body on the instant of death. His lab assistant, young Hans, is found guilty of murdering the local pub owner with whom he had an argument where he foolishly swore to kill the man and Frankenstein acquires his body immediately after the execution. Hans had been quite friendly with the dead man's daughter Christina who returns just in time to see him guillotined. Distraught, she commits suicide and is brought back to life by the good Doctor but with Hans' brain replacing her own. As memories return to her - Hans' memories in fact - she sets out to pursue and kill those responsible for having sent him to his death.
    Frankenstein Created Woman (1967) - IMDb

You can read the plot summary here:
    Frankenstein Created Woman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jul 30, 2013, 08:01 PM
    I think that is it! Thank you!

Jul 30, 2013, 09:13 PM
    You're welcome!

There's actually a double decapitation in it, opening with the boy's father then the boy as a young man. Generally, Hammer films and others had hangings, which makes it different.

To me, this film doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves.

Jul 30, 2013, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MystMoonstruck View Post
    You're welcome!

There's actually a double decapitation in it, opening with the boy's father then the boy as a young man. Generally, Hammer films and others had hangings, which makes it different.

To me, this film doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves.
    I ordered it in Netflix, so I'll find out in a couple of days! I was very young when it came out, my patents saw it at a drive in and I usually skier they the movies in the back seat (cheaper than getting a baby sitter I think) but I watched this because I was fascinated by the guillotine. I asked my mom about it the next morning and she freaked out that I saw it, never got to go to the drive through again :-/

Jul 30, 2013, 09:31 PM
    That's a shame! My parents took my sister to so many films at the drive-in. Even when I was only 3-4, Mom said, I would be standing on the backseat, watching the movie intently while my sister was sound asleep. She said I routinely stayed away to watch every film. And, it's astonishing how many of them I remember~even their titles. So, I guess I was a film buff in-training. My dad was great at coaching me on actors, directors, etc.

Being a child of the very early Fifties, I grew up with sci fi and horror, with doses of fantasy films, plus, of course, films that weren't considered as child-friendly. Later on, seeing some of them again, I understood what all of the fuss on the screen was about. That's proof that mature subject matter sails over most little ones' heads. *giggle*

Jul 30, 2013, 09:32 PM
    That's a shame! My parents took my sister to so many films at the drive-in. Even when I was only 3-4, Mom said, I would be standing on the backseat, watching the movie intently while my sister was sound asleep. She said I routinely stayed away to watch every film. And, it's astonishing how many of them I remember~even their titles. So, I guess I was a film buff in-training. My dad was great at coaching me on actors, directors, etc.

Being a child of the very early Fifties, I grew up with sci fi and horror, with doses of fantasy films, plus, of course, films that weren't considered as child-friendly. Later on, seeing some of them again, I understood what all of the fuss on the screen was about. That's proof that mature subject matter sails over most little ones' heads. *giggle*
    True-- my mom was afraid I was warped but if course I was just interested. Anyway this us exactly the movie I was trying to remember, so thank you very much! Can't wait to see it again!

Jul 30, 2013, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Footbxr74 View Post
    True-- my mom was afraid I was warped but if course I was just interested. Anyway this us exactly the movie I was trying to remember, so thank you very much! Can't wait to see it again!
    I love solving movie/TV mysteries because I know how a vague memory can nudge at the brain persistently, sort of like Audrey II's "Feed me!" "Answer me! What is it?!" *snicker*

Jul 30, 2013, 09:47 PM
    I love solving movie/TV mysteries because I know how a vague memory can nudge at the brain persistently, sort of like Audrey II's "Feed me!" "Answer me! What is it?!" *snicker*
    Little shop of horrors :-)

Jul 30, 2013, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Footbxr74 View Post
    little shop of horrors :-)
    Yep! Both versions are great, but I have to say that I'm partial to the musical. BTW: Have you seen the alternate ending to the movie musical? Wow! They have it on YouTube.

Little Shop of Horrors Alternate Ending - YouTube

Jul 30, 2013, 09:59 PM
    Yep! Both versions are great, but I have to say that I'm partial to the musical. BTW: Have you seen the alternate ending to the movie musical? Wow! They have it on YouTube.

Little Shop of Horrors Alternate Ending - YouTube
    Yeah -- the play was a lot darker but evidently the original end didn't test well :-/
    But I liked it better. Maybe I a wee bit warped ;)

Jul 30, 2013, 10:06 PM
    The b&w film has a very dark ending, so it's surprising they decided to make it so upbeat, forgiving Seymour's murders. I actually like the invasion, which really is remarkable. I think there's unused footage in which Audrey II does devour Seymour in the musical.

YouTube is filled with goodies=}

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old piano song from late 60s early 70s [ 4 Answers ]

When I was at school the piano teacher used to play a song with the words Footsteps on the landing, creeping to and fro, who is out there prowling, I should like to know, not that I am frightened, frightened of the dark, because Rover sleeps beside me, and he 'll know when to bark! She used to...

A movie from the late 70s or early 80s [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I saw this movie on cable TV when I was little. Here are the details the I can remember. The movie focused on a brother and sister duo. They take a journey with a bunch of companions. Fire and water were two of their companions, they were personified as ballet dancers. On the journey,...

Movie from late 70s or early 80s... Need help! [ 4 Answers ]

I saw a movie in the late 70s, or more likely the early 80s where 2 young kids stole a car, possibly a cop car and they were running from the cops. I think the lead kid actor was black. Does anyone have any idea about what I'm talking about? It's driving me crazy. Thanks...

Late '70s/early '80s movie [ 2 Answers ]

For over a decade I have been trying to remember the name of a movie from my early years. I first saw this movie in the early '80s (1982-1985), but the movie may have been made/released in the late '70s. What I can remember from the movie is: three or four professional thieves trying to steal...

Looking for this Song from the 60s possibly early 70s [ 1 Answers ]

Im trying so hard to find these songs, and who is the band. I had it on a small 45 record and had 4 songs on it. I remember the words in 2 of the songs. Goes something like this "full lights all arround will eluminate every sounds" the other song " In the corner of the village green.......wont you...

View more questions Search