Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommachick Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Rectal discomfort
    I'm having difficulty categorizing my problem... After a bowel movement ( "normal" and "regular") and cleansing well I have to clean myself again in about an hour or less. I realize the need to do this because I have burning and itching. I have read about fissures and rectoceles but this doesn't really fit the symptoms listed. It's not stool leaking or incontinence, because it's never enough to have to change my underwear only to wipe again several times. I have had 2 uncomplicated vaginal deliveries and occasional urinary incontinece since then but this is a new problem, in the past year. What causes this and how can I treat it?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 09:08 PM
    What do you cleanse yourself with?
    Mommachick Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Baby wipes usually, the "flushable" kind or sometimes witch hazel pads... Just plain old TP if I am not at home.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Uhm, maybe you should not be using baby wipes. Many people who uses these even for babies have problems with rashes and dry skin and itchy problems. Never heard of witch hazel pads. I think you should just start using plain old toilet paper at all times. Make sure after your done cleaning yourself make sure it is dried very well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hip discomfort [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to ease hip discomfort. My hips are starting to widen and loosen now, and (esp when I first wake in the morning, after having to sleep on one side or another all night long) they are starting to ache. Does anyone know if yoga, or excerise programs such as...

Penile discomfort help [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my wife have been having sex for over a year and a half now and only recently I have felt discomfort with my penis. It started after we had sex during her menstruation. I came inside and forgot to wash up. A few days later, I felt a burning sensation during urination. Soon after there was a...

View more questions Search