Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vendetta12372 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 04:22 PM
    Facebook and how it has changed our understanding
    I wanted to see how communication technologies such as Facebook have changed our understanding of individuality and privacy.

Looking primarily at Facebook.

I'm finding it hard to find information online about this topic. If anyone has any ideas or comments please feel free to post but try not to be vague. Just want to see how others see this topic.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 05:52 PM
    I don't think it has changed the way we think about it, merely changes the way we can see.

Before we were at the small home town store, talking to the clerk, or at the barbershop or hair saloon where we talked about others, shared photos and called our friends to let them know what we heard.

If we wanted to show off our new tattoo, we walked around town showing that part of our body ( is able to)

We put anouncements of engagements in local newspapers and more.

Now we can see the things faster but with that said, someone has to be looking for our site, with millions of sites, we don't just browse everyone's.

I can click to see photos of my granddaughters online but before I would have them mailed.
    Now I message them, before I mailed them a real letter.
    vendetta12372 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 11:23 PM
    Thanks for replying :)

I see what your saying but I'm doing a research paper on how it HAS changed our understanding of individuality and individuality.

Just need some points that I can work with.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 11:29 PM
    I have read articles about this in newspapers and magazines. If you can get to a public or college library, please have the reference desk do a literature search with you on this topic. They have databases such as FirstSearch and ArticleFirst. They will also Google using very specific keywords.

Is going to a library a possibility?

Is something like this what you are looking for? The Facebook Privacy Debate and Virtual Friendship and the New Narcissism

You do realize, don't you, that there probably won't be an article that gives all the answers. You are going to have to extrapolate from a number of articles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For someone understanding [ 4 Answers ]

I am a fairly religious 19 year old girl. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 and a half years. I'd like to be thought of as more than just a 19 year old. Yes, I believe I am in love, but I don't necessarily believe it is simply because I am immature. Maybe I just know myself very well. I...

I need help understanding why this happens! [ 5 Answers ]

I need help understanding this I am 15 years old and most of the time when I go to sleep at night my boyfriend stays on the phone because I have a tendency to stop breathing at night. Well for the past couple months when I fall asleep he has been saying to me I love you baby and when he says that I...

F1 OPT to H1 - Changed companies, Changed States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is as follows: OPT with company 1 in Texas from Dec 10 2006 - September 30 2007 H1 with company 1 in Texas from Oct 1 2007 - Nov 15 2007 H1 with company 2 in Maryland from Nov 15 2007 till date. What tax forms do I fill? I also have state tax from company 2 since that...

View more questions Search