Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajwr201 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 06:54 AM
    I have questions about molluscum contagiosum
    I live in Bangkok. A doctor in an STD clinic recently told me that I have molluscum contagiosum (after initially thinking that I had nothing). I had about 20 very small spots on my lower abdomen and a few on the base of my penis. I had squeesed most of them before seeing the doctor, and the doctor pricked the rest with a needle.
    My questions are:
    How long will I probably be infected?
    Can I have sex in the mean time?
    Is tea tree oil effective in treating this condition?
    Are there other treatments you would recommend?

Many thanks
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 09:17 AM
    My daughter had it and it lasted about 12-18 months. We used tea tree oil when we saw spots starting and most of the time it prevented them from erupting completely. The tea tree oil also prevented any opened ones from becoming infected.

I would recommend NOT having sex while you have this. It is HIGHLY contagious and can easily spread by skin-on-skin contact. If you choose to have sex anyway then you must tell your partner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewrite these questions into indirect questions. [ 2 Answers ]

1-What other changes have there been in the last 100 years? 2-Do you think the quality of life in general is better now than it used to be? 3-Can computers ever replace teachers? 4-Do you agree that there are too many cars? 5-In what ways has life changed for you in the last few years? 6-What...

Molluscum contagiousum [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 6 years old and has been diagnosed with molluscum contagiousum. I have taken him to see a demertologist 3 times already and he has perscribed him different types of ointments and nothing has worked. The last cream percribed was aldara cream 5%, I have applied it on him but the papule get...

Me and my boyfriend play 20 questions and I need questions [ 3 Answers ]

We play 20 questions a lot and I ran out of questions help

Molluscum Contagiosum [ 3 Answers ]

I somehow managed to contract this. There are only a few raised bumps >15 in my genital area. The thing is... I have had no sexual contact with anyone other than my girlfriend. And she doesn't have it. I have absolutely NO IDEA how I contracted it in this area. Does anyone know what would have...

View more questions Search