Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shab1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 08:19 PM
    I have been charge for theft under 5000$, but item that I stole was 450$.
    I have been charge for theft under 5000$, but item that I stole was 450$. I promise them that I will pay the loss as soon as possible and I start paying them from this month. This is my first time I have ever did wrong thing in my life. I am so much nervouse even can not sleep at night. My question is what will the judge will ask me and what will be the charges against me? If someone experienced this situation please reply me as soon as possible. I don't want this to be recorded in my backgroung because I want to be a pharmacist. I know I did wrong. Thank you.
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Mar 24, 2012, 12:27 PM
    I haven't experienced any of that but I'm guessing that you will be charged with 300 or more hours of community work.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellaw View Post
    I haven't experienced any of that but I'm guessing that you will be charged with 300 or more hours of community work.

PLEASE don't guess at legal questions. We take great pride in our answers. What is the basis for your guess that this person will be "charged" with 300 or more hours of community work - ?

Where are you, what State or Country? "Under $5,000" is "usually" Canada.

You may be eligible for diversion BUT this arrest COULD keep you from getting a license as a Pharmacist. I would not proceed without an Attorney - this is serious and will stay on your record. It is particularly serious if it's theft from an employer.

You apparently regret the theft and are making restitution to the store. Now you need to make sure that the legal side of this is taken care of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000 charge, [ 1 Answers ]

I have been charged with $5000, for taking 3 products of clothing. (Of those 3 products was a pair of shoes I did not want but I was kind of peer pressured into it, stupid I know). And I have a court date next month, now I cannot afford a lawyer, but I have done the willing steps to make things...

I am 13 and have a theft under 5000 charge [ 1 Answers ]

I got caught stealing mitts from walmart... What do you think is going to happen to me ? When I have court ?

I stole from my work, was charged with theft under $5000. Can't return the stuff? [ 4 Answers ]

I took around $100 for the 8 months I was employed. I have a court hearing date and a fingerprint date in march.. I want to return the stuff, I really do. I feel terrible. My manager said that she'll notify me when everything settles down. Its been a week, and she still hasn't notified me. I plan...

Theft under $5000 charge [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé and I were caught shop lifting in the RCSS (real canadian superstore). My fiancé put perfume, a watch and a pair of sunglasses into his pocket and than we put it into my purse. I did not touch any of the items or put anything into my own purse. We walked out and we were arrested by...

View more questions Search