Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schnarbuckle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Hot tub won't power up
    Used tub that I got from my parents.
    Electrician wired it using existing 30A GFCI breker in main panel (parents ran tub with 30A GFCI as well)
    Breaker trips once tub at temp and jets on for 30 secs or so. Trips breaker only, not GFCI.
    Spoke to hot tub stores and electrical supply house.
    Replaced heater element
    Changed main breaker to 40A and added a 40A GFCI spa Sub Panel
    Power goes in to spa control box but does not power up tub.
    If I put the old 30A gfci back in the main panel, the tub works until it reaches temp.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
    What size circuit does the tub actually require?
    What size wire did the electrician run?
    Was it installed properly?
    Who changed the breaker to a 40? If the wire is not appropriately sized you should not have changed it.

If I had to guess I'd say something is wired wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing trouble no cold water in bath tub just hot hot? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have hot water but no cold water in the bath tub I don't know what kind of faucet it is no name on it its one handle

Power for my hot tub [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing hot tub that requires 240 volts I know pump and heater works as I just had it serviced I have 240 running from my panel box using 8/3 wire with 40 amp breaker but my pump or nothing works would it be possible my breaker is no good and how would I test it

How do you get rid of Hot tub folliculitis in your hot tub? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you clean your hot tub when you have had this bacteria (folliculitis)in it. It's the middle of winter(-25 C) and I will not be able to fully empty tub. Is there some chemical you can put in the water? I have maintained proper chemical levels. I use bromine instead of chlorine.

Convert a claw-foot tub to a hot tub? [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any kits available for adding jets, filter, heating to a claw-foot tub?

Cracked Hot tub shell in empty tub [ 1 Answers ]

I drained my hot tub this winter, vacked out everything and wiped shell dry. Just opened it up as spring has started, and there is a very large crack on a seat going downward, 8-10 inches long. Can't imagine what caused this? Does anyone know? Tub did not have a crack when full. I live in a...

View more questions Search