Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flagdog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 08:49 AM
    Feeling controlled in a new relationship
    I was married for 25 years, had an affair because my marriage was miserable. We got caught and my wife and I divorced. I remained friends with the woman I had an affair with and she got a divorce later. In the mean time I met another woman and was in a relationship with her and she didn't want me to be friends with the woman I had an affair with because she felt threatened. I told her we are just friends now but she says she couldn't trust me around her. I stayed distant from the woman I had an affair with because I cared about her feelings.

We broke up for after 3 years and I saw my friend again , we hooked up a couple of times , just to have good sex. I told her the affair was wrong and what we were doing is wrong. She still wants me but I told he I am just her friend. I started seeing another person about a month ago and told her everything about me and my relationships and she doesn't want me to have anything to do with the woman I had an affair with even though I told her we were just friends. She feels threatened and she told me to choose the affair woman or her. Am I right to hold my ground or should I cut the relationship with my friend I had an affair with?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
    I would personally let the woman that has been involved with you, while you were married, and after you were divorced, and during at least one other relationship after that, go.

You can't have it both ways. If you are truly interested in this new woman, and making a relationship work, let the 'friend' go. Develop friendships that involve other couples, to include her. Not to say you can't have friendships with other women, but I can honestly say that any male friends of mine, I've never slept with.

That keeps both relationships, and friendships, where they belong.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Cut the relationship. She is not just a friend if she still wants you.
    If you are trying to start a relationship with another woman, you don't need this distraction
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 11:18 AM
    You are wrong, you should not still be friends with the women you were cheating with, not only cheating but both were married.

To be honest your current wife is a lot nicer than she should be, she should have left you the minute you did not agree to stop being and talking with the ex lover.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 08:17 AM
    You have already brought past poison into a new relationship, and if you keep insisting on keeping past lovers as friends, then the poison will only grow. She would be foolish to trust you no matter what you do or say any way.

You have only been with this current female a month and already there are trust issues? My friend you need controlling, because its obvious there is no self control by you! It also is obvious that you have a very low regard of your partners, and will always put your own wants far above what's fair.

So it matters very little what ever any partner says or does, or demands, because your options are always open, it doesn't seem to matter whether its fair, or above board. Probably never will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some help with feeling better about my relationship... [ 5 Answers ]

Me and this girl have been dating for 3 months now. We are both in 10th grade and met at a summer camp. We live an hour away from each other so we don't get to see each other as often as we would like. It varies from every week to 3 weeks. There are a couple things that make me uneasy about the...

I'm feeling bored with my relationship. [ 10 Answers ]

Here's the issue. I really care about Nicholas. I can honestly see myself with him in the future. Right now though, I'm just so bored with the way things are. We're both in school and he's three hours away most of the time. We sort of talk on the phone but usually he just wants to go play...

Feeling depressed and alone in a 1 year relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 18 years old and I have been in a relationship of a year and 2 months now. We've known each other since we were little kids through scouts but then I stopped attending and after 5 years we met again by coincidence. And we started dating. Everything went well and I thought that it was destiny...

Feeling Obligated To Stay in a Relationship. [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé cuts himself every-time we get in a huge argument. This recently starting happening when a fight led to me wanting to move out for a little while. He has several slashes on his upper arm, claiming he can't live with out me which is a catalyst for hurting himself. His family is from...

Controlled Relationship, How do I get out? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 27 and have a 7 year old son. I have been in a relationship with a guy for 7 years. He conpletely controls me. I know I have to get out but I don't know how to. I work for him in his business and he controls the money I get, I get pocket money like a child and there is no way I can accrue ny...

View more questions Search