Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    widowshome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 06:25 AM
    3 yr old cat gave birth to one kitten SHE IS WEAK AND Hasn't CUT UMBILICAL CORD
    I have a 3 year old feral cat... she spends most of her time outside and comes back and forth only to eat... all this time I thought she was infertile or so I was told... a few days ago I realized she was pregnant and the night before last she ran into my basement and made herself comfortable in my boiler room... she is in the sewer hole and I realized last night she was in labor... I put some blankets under her and just kept an eye on her... when I got home at 5 you could see the mucus and sack coming down... she finally pushed the kitten out a little after 9:30 pm... since then she has not really moved much the kitten I clean and trying to nurse but mom is in the same spot... she hasn't cut the umbilical cord and the placenta is still attached right now... she is still in the basement it is cold but I put lots of blankets water and food... I hand fed mom wet food and got her to drink water by bringing it to her... im worried that mom may still have babies but I don't know how to tell because she is a big calico... im worried about the umbilical cord and of course, that mom is not moving much... I am single mom with no money on hand and completely worried about these two... what can I do to help or figure out what's going on... please help thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
    You take her to the VET, owning a pet means you have to find the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat gave bith to a dead kitten about 30 hours ago she has still not had the rest t [ 2 Answers ]

My cat gave birth to a dead kitten 30 hours ago and she still has not had the rest she is feeding and drinking and the vet does not seem worried its just I have never heard this before

The Umbilical Cord [ 8 Answers ]

OK. This may be a really dumb question but being my first pregnancy and never really being anywhere near someone who has given birth I don't know what happens to the umbilical cord after it's been cut. Do the doctors push the left over cord into the mother or does it come fully out with the baby...

Cat gave birth and is still bleeding and now has diarrhea [ 3 Answers ]

My cat Cleo just had her 3rd litter of kittens yesterday. She had 8 cute healthy kittens as far as I can see. This time though she bled a lot and is still bleeding. It has now been almost 48 hours and she leaves a trail of blood where ever she has been. I have washed her bedding 3 times already and...

Umbilical cord [ 1 Answers ]

My one week old kitten's umbilcal cord looks infected, how can I treat him?

View more questions Search