Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmmyJmmyTmmy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 05:36 PM
    How do I get over him?
    Over a year ago, I met a guy one year older then me and we started dating and we had a pretty great relationship. He was my first love, and I was so head over heels in love that I was blinded by his meanness. He was friends with a few of my close girlfriends and one night he texted me telling me that he loved one of my closest friends. I was incredibly hurt and insanely jealous. I ended it and began to secretly hate the girl. Fast forward 6 months, we aren't close anymore and I realize that he hits on her all of the time. And today, I learn that he is eating lunch every Thursday with another one of my close friends. I just want to stop caring about what he does and get over him for good. Please, any ideas?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Stay away, practice no contact, make new friends, and let time pass by, make sure to keep yourself busy.
    youradvisor1 Posts: 31, Reputation: 12

Mar 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Here's some tips and tricks to move on:
    1. Abstain from any contact and that means no texts, calls, IMs, Facebook messages, twitter messages, "accidentally" bumping into each other, etc. If you know he's at an event then at this stage I'd suggest not attending.
    2. Accept the fact that you two aren't meant to be. Do you really want to love someone that doesn't love you back? Maybe you really do love him however I'm a firm believer that love is founded on reciprocity.
    3. Make a list of all the qualities you want in a boyfriend and another list of all the things you didn't like about him, how he fell short, what he did to wrong you and what you want to do better in your next relationship. Next time you feel sad and melancholy read your lists.
    4. Get involved in other activities, hobbies, interests and try to meet new friends.
    5. Spend time with friends and family that do love and care for you.
    6. Realize that you're amazing, wonderful, whole and incredible just as you were before he came into your life. Self-confidence is sexy as hell.
    7. Resolve to move on.
    8. Don't seek out information on what he's doing and who he is seeing.
    9. If you do run into him or the friend carry a positive, friendly attitude and say hello but don't get too involved in conversation.
    10. "I was blinded by him being mean"... enough said. Do you really want an a$$hole as a boyfriend. NO!
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 24, 2012, 05:41 AM
    Practice No Contact. Find new hobbies. Enjoy your life. Let time go by. And try to train your thoughts to not think about him...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
    How old are all of you? I think you let this go and let your friends fend for themselves, as they have to know your experiences with him, being your close friends, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search