Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SeliDominic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 11:55 AM
    2 year old boy, 52 pounds
    Hello Everyone,
    My son just turned 2 in November. He's about 3'4 but weighs 52 pounds. Is that normal? Will he outgrow it? Diabetes runs on both sides of his family, so this seriously concerns ME. :( What can I do to avoid more weight gain?

Ps. He's still on the bottle :( I know I have not inforced it enough, but what are good ways to get him to stop wanting bottles?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 12:09 PM
    My son and I had a happy little discussion about being a big boy and not using a bottle any longer since bottles are for babies. I had him (not me) throw a bottle into the wastebasket and then I tied up the bag and took it out to the garbage can. His throwing out the bottle was symbolic that he had given up a baby thing. He didn't ask for one again.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Yes, your son does weigh too much, should be about 30 lbs. take him right off formula, he won't have a choice.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2012, 12:17 PM
    What has your pediatrician said regarding his weight and health? I do think that 52 lbs is very heavy for a two year old, but I do not know his build, body type, activity level, or medical history. I do KNOW that at the age of two, you have complete control over what goes in in mouth. It isn't easy hearing your child cry and yell for something that they want, but it is a lot easier then undoing a lifetime of unhealthy habits. Just take that bottle away... it is horrible for both his teeth and gums.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Yes, the bottle goes away and he has not choice ( sorry who is the parent) he is over weight and you should discuss this with his doctor, since this is very heavy.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes, the bottle goes away and he has not choice ( sorry who is the parent) he is over weight and you should discuss this with his doctor, since this is very heavy.
    OP has good reason to worry about the diabetes gene in the family; she needs to jump on this ASAP and talk to the pediatrician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have two spirits in our house, a ten year old boy and someone else. The boy is sca [ 6 Answers ]

We have had a ten year old boy sprit in our house for many years. There is another spirit here as well. He is not so nice. He has tormented my son for many years. Apparently, the young boy is scarred of the other spirit. The boy will not speak to me. The boy lives in my sons room, so does the other...

15 year old girl, 157 pounds? 5'4 [ 2 Answers ]

Im a 15 year old girl and I know this might sound embarrassing but I used to weigh 165, I lost weight. And now I'm 157. I play hockey, basketball, baseball, and soccer And I also lift weights and I run 30 min every other day. I was wondering could the weight have anything to do with the...

I'm a 13 year oldgirl that weighs 200 pounds, can someone help ? [ 9 Answers ]

I really need help. I'm in 8th grade and by 9th grade I want to weigh only 140 pounds. I think if I weighed around 140-145 I would be fine. I know that I need exercise and eat right but its so hard. My family ALWAYS has junk food in the house and I ant help but grabbimg something. I feel gross...

Statutory rape consent in winnipeg for a 21 year old female to date a 16 year old boy [ 7 Answers ]

Im am a 16 year old boy going on 17 in a few months, I'm in a relationship with a 20 year old female, her parents and my parents agree with our relationship, can she be charged with statuatory rape?

View more questions Search