Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sergie Posts: 149, Reputation: 15
    -

Mar 15, 2012, 12:56 AM
    Sudden death on livestock
    Hi everybody,
    Just yesterday one of my cow suddenly died without any reason. She died within 10 minutes or so. 15 minutes ago she was absolutely fine or looked so. But 15 minutes later when I was in the shed ishe was already dead. Her tummy was swollen, legs outstreched and a bit of cowdung discharge. There was no change in fodder or the water bucket. I am so cofused. It it could have been the reaoson of poisoining, then others could have been dead too.
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 03:38 AM
    It sounds like poisoning or something in that range, maybe a lead poisoning or even organophosphate poisoning.. That can cause death this way..
    Now Trauma/hemorrhage could also cause sudden death also Extreme climate could do that (Heat wave or lightning and even altitude)
    But gastric rupture is something been seen every year in the laps around the world and it is not something new, however; some reptiles like snakes and others including some insects could cause that too...
    Owning a livestock is lots of responsibilities that most people do not wish to have..
    God bless you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 03:59 AM
    You had better have the carcaaa examined by the county. A cow just doesn't keel over and die for no reason. This sounds suspicious and we can't determine what caused it by your description.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 04:03 AM
    There may be a under lying illness in the cattle that you do not notice. You need to have the cattle examined and perhaps, if not too late the dead one checked for cause of death.
    sergie Posts: 149, Reputation: 15
    -

Apr 1, 2012, 12:05 AM
    I send it for autopsy, they couldn't give any final report until now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with sudden death of your mother? [ 30 Answers ]

Im 14 on the 26 of December 2007 my mum suddenly died of a heart attack I was only 13 . Now I have just passed the one year mark and am approaching my birthday I am finding it hard to cope. Do you have any surgestions . She was only 38 :'(. Life seems so much different now . Living with my...

Sudden death of mother [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know how to deal with the sudden death of my Mother. She was about to turn 60 then all of a sudden she was gone! It is so over whelming. My 6 year old always asks if I am crying cause I miss her and she tells me the Nana will always be in my heart, but I would give anything for one more...

Sudden Death [ 9 Answers ]

Two days ago my cat died very suddenly. It seems to me to have been more traumatic than any answers that I have found so far. We noticed him on the couch he was completely stretched out and he would twitch and then desperately suck in air. When I looked at him, his eyes were completely vacant...

Sudden death brought on by (?) unresponsiveness [ 4 Answers ]

My mother passed in June this year. She aspirated on some food (grits, not much), was given some Roxanol orally for relaxation, slipped into unresponsiveness, and never regained consciousness. She passed 29.5 hours later. I was told this was the "disease process," as she had COPD, but this is not a...

Coping with sudden death [ 2 Answers ]

I am not proud of what I'm going to admit, but I was having an affair with a married man for the last 7 months... and he was just tragically killed when a car ran into him on his motorcycle. He was a truly wonderful man who lightened up any room when he walked in. There was about 1000 people at...

View more questions Search