Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magnewna Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Can being a booty call for an EX, become an meaningful relationship
    About three years ago I had a relationship with this guy and I was madly head over heels in love with him, and he broke up with me out of the middle of no where and still to this day I am not sure what his reasoning was. But as well still to this day I am still in love him, and have never felt as strongely as I do for him with other guys.

Recently after not talking to each other for several years we got connected over myspace. The short of it. We both discused briefy about how we have had dreams about each other, if you know what I mean.

Well to cut to the really short of it really recently we had sex and it was great!

I know that this was suppose to be a booty call and nothing more... and I also know if you start have feelings for the other person get out, but I can't help it :(

I have always loved this guy and when we are together we just seem to click.

Is there anyway this could turn into a meaningful relationship?

Please help, what should I do?
    JadedInsomnia06 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 05:23 PM
    I'm no expert on the situation but from what I've seen and gone through myself... the answer is no, it never turns into a meaningful relationship. I understand that you still have feelings for him, but do you really want to be with someone who breaks up with you for no reason, goes a couple of years without talking to you, and then only uses you for booty calls? The reality of it can be harsh, but you have to realize that you can do better than someone who treats you like that. Eventually that one special person will come along, and you'll be amazed at how much of a difference there is between this current guy and the man you're really in love with.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 19, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Anything is possible, but I wouldn't exactly hold my breath.

You're not in a good position for that sort of thing anyway. You've been in love with this person for so long without actually being around them... that means you're in love with something like him, but not him. Somewhere in your mind, you've built up an idea of this guy, and you will be sorely disappointed (if not angry and hurt) when you find out that he's not the person you've been fantasizing about over the years.

Get away from him, and try to move on. You'll never find that guy you're in love with, simply because he doesn't exist... he's a mixture of unresolved feelings, nostalgic memories, and outright fantasy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 06:01 PM
    I know that this was suppose to be a booty call and nothing more... and I also know if you start have feelings for the other person get out, but I can't help it :(
    Yes you can help it but you don't want to. You have never gotten over him and you are hoping for a relationship. Honestly until you get over it you will always be a booty call. The only thing that can change it is you to stop fantasizing and get over him.
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 19, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Be careful and have no expectations, I would hate to see you get hurt. If the situation turns around than it will great, however less expectations are always best.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Why did you break in the first place?? Women tend to forget that.

It was broke for a reason... you forget he just left. AND I AM QUITE SURE HEART BROKEN. Remember?? >

Hello??

Booty calls actusally are pretty unhealthy if you have feelings. FWB - someone always gets hurt - always.

I'd find a nice available guy that will llove oyu nas won't leave you.
    mindmaster Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 20, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magnewna
    About three years ago I had a relationship with this guy and I was madly head over heels in love with him, and he broke up with me out of the middle of no where and still to this day I am not sure what his reasoning was. But as well still to this day I am still in love him, and have never felt as strongely as I do for him with other guys.

Recently after not talking to each other for several years we got connected over myspace. The short of it. We both discused briefy about how we have had dreams about each other, if you know what I mean.

Well to cut to the really short of it really recently we had sex and it was great!!

I know that this was suppose to be a booty call and nothing more...and I also know if you start have feelings for the other person get out, but I can't help it :(

I have always loved this guy and when we are together we just seem to click.

Is there anyway this could turn into a meaningful relationship?

Please help, what should I do?
    Any relationship you maybe able to "build" out of a booty call is doomed from the start. If he does not reciprocate your love then you will never have a meaningful complete relationship. Not trying to sound harsh just trying to save you much pain later on ;)
    airailameme3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 02:57 PM

I am in the same situation, today I have decided to 1. Stop communication 2. focus on myself,get a hobbie and improve yourself. 3. Stop worrying about the past relationship. 4. If its about the sex, invest in some sexx toys(18 or over). 5. Move on, you are better then that. He will miss you, and if it is meant to be then, then 1. play hard to get 2. short conversations. 3. let it progress naturally.
    When or if you met him again, be causal but never needy. THIS TO SHALL PASS, MY FRIEND

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Searching for meaningful answer for financial services [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the need of help in paying for school. Here is the problem I signed up for school two years back. I went for the first week and did not like how the classes were run so I dropped out when I spoke to the academic counselor no one told me I had to withdraw in order not to pay. So now I am...

Did he just need a friend or was this a booty call? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband, had a different coworker, that at one time liked him (before we were together), they even went on a date, but nothing came of it. We ended up getting together and soon got married. The coworked continued to call and text message. Sometimes the text messages would come late at night. The...

CONFUSION in a relationship- if you can call it one [ 11 Answers ]

I really like this Senior, I am a Freshman. We've become really good friends over the course of the past few months. He's got a lot of friends, and I'm just one of his new ones. Hes one of those guys that Hugs all his friends. My friend was IMing him and they started talking about me (Ikes) ...

Booty call or not; truthful or sweet talker [ 6 Answers ]

I have been so confused these last few days.My ex boyfriend his name is julian and two days ago we made out in his aunts hallway(no one was there) and he broke up with me two years ago and last year we went out again but he broke up with me.I sometimes wonder why he still makes out with me......

View more questions Search