Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janet. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Tiny white-ish beige bugs around the house?
    For a couple months now, I've been finding these small bugs stuck to the walls in the upstairs part of my house. They're very tiny bugs, about 2mm long and 1mm wide, they are a milky white color with a teeny stripe of brown at the ends, they appear to have ridges, they do not hop or jump, they move INCREDIBLY slow (it'll be in one position one day and the next, it'll only be moved by an inch or less) I also do not see any legs or antennae. I've found them stuck to my bedroom walls individually, not in groups, on my hallway walls, my bathroom walls, behind my bed, pretty much any wall. When I kill them, I do not see any significant change on the part of the wall that they were stuck too as well. I'm not sure what they are or if they're harmful or not. Please help if you have any idea what they may be, thanks! C:
    momtimesfive Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Mar 14, 2012, 09:33 PM
    Well after reading your post and rereading it, I am kind of inclined to think they might be a larvae of some type. What you could do is place some clear or Scotch tape over one the next time you see one and tape it to a piece of clean white paper. You can take this paper to your local exterminator who will be able to tell you what it is and possibly how to be rid of them. I hope this helps you and gets rid of your bug problem.
    Beardedsumo Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Mar 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by momtimesfive View Post
    You can take this paper to your local exterminator who will be able to tell you what it is and possibly how to be rid of them. I hope this helps you and gets rid of your bug problem.
    Another place to get an I.D. would be the Biology Dept. at a local college, or in the States, the County Agricultural Extension office.
    Symphany Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Janet I have them too!! Did u find out what they r?
    Beardedsumo Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Mar 20, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphany View Post
    Janet I have them too!!! Did u find out what they r??
    Unless you two are neighbors, what she has and what you have may or may not be the same. Again, get an authoritative I.D. before you proceed with any, I repeat ANY, corrective measures.
    Symphany Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
    They are varied carpet beetles! At least that's what mine are. Ewe I'm calling someone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny white bugs turning a brown colour [ 4 Answers ]

I really need some help I have recently noticed tiny white bugs in my kitchen bathroom and all my hallway walls. I have had an exterminator out who said they where mites of some sort and fumagated my whole house. I have now 3 days later found they are slightly bigger and brown and that there are...

Tiny white bugs on my bathroom rug [ 5 Answers ]

This morning I was in the bathroom and I freeked out and yelled for my boyfriend because there was a cockroach climbing on the wall, when he came to kill it we were looking for where it went and we saw a bunch of tiny white bugs crowling in the bathroom rug, I took the rugs outside and sprayed them...

Infestation: Tiny beige bugs! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this site. Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well. I really need some help and was hoping someone could shed some light on my infestation problem! Please. I haven't noticed these bugs until this morning, when I saw that my whole work surface, cupboard fridge, TV, everything!...

What are these tiny white bugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I worked on a chicken farm last year, and I got an infestation in the carpets clothes,etc I had to wash and disinfect everything but now a year on I'm finding them again in clothes, they are very hard to see and they are white with reddy orange heads, please help it's getting me down and it makes...

View more questions Search