Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Breast Cancer
    I have been having aches in my left breast and under my left arm pit. Is pain or tenderness under my arm pit relevant?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 07:27 PM
    It could be. However, it could be a pulled muscle or swollen lymph nodes. To be sure I would need MUCH more info.

Feb 19, 2007, 07:58 PM
    I have a pain starting in my arm pit and shooting across my breast. I doubt it's a pulled muscle because this has been on and off and I haven't done anything physical to cause a muscle issue... unfortunately
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Have you been sick recently?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Maybe it is best to see your GP/OB and get an complete physical.
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Yes, a GP could do all of this, including the OB/GYN stuff.

Feb 20, 2007, 08:16 AM
    I have not been sick lately, and actually in overall good health with the exception of the chest pain or arm pit/breast pain. I just went for a mammo and they took ultra sound tests too. That makes me nervous because the last time I had a mammo I was in and out, this time more tests. Is this usual and they are being cautious or should I be concerned. I always thought breast cancer doesn't necessarily have pain as a symptom?
    Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 09:12 AM
    It is a myth that breast cancer is not painful. Many doctors still believe this to be true, however, as a breast cancer survivor myself, I can tell you that mine was indeed painful.

It is good to hear that your doctors are being careful and going slow. It is better to err on the side of caution.

I hope everything works out for you. But remember, breast cancer is no longer a killer. I am here to testify to that. For me it was just a little bump in the road of life.

Take care and keep me posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast Cancer [ 5 Answers ]

My mom has been having problems lately with her left breast.She has been bleeding through her nipple and her breast gets real big/swollen.The color of her breast changes to a darker color it almost looks as though it is brused up. My question is could this be Breast Cancer?:confused:

Myths surrounding breast cancer [ 9 Answers ]

J_9, I loved reading your introduction, even though I am a little late on posting. But I have a question I would like you to answer since you are in the medical field an have been through breast cancer personally, maybe you can give me a definite answer. I'm sure every teenage girl and women has...

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month [ 1 Answers ]

This is just a little note to remind all of my women friends out there that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You all need to do a breast self-exam monthly. If you do not know how, post here and I will help you. Please do this monthly so that you can receive early treatment if a lump...

Breast cancer to remove or not [ 7 Answers ]

My friend has breast cancer,they ook out a mass as big as a softball this week.They want to remove the whole breast next week.She's 43 and scared any suggestions?:(

How do I know if I got breast cancer [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm really worried sick if I got breast cancer cause on both breast I feel something hard and I never had that before what age can you get breast cancer so worried help please

View more questions Search